Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When THE MAN comes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8wapiti View Post
When that day arrives my hope is that i'm able to make a huge statement, to make others stand their ground against tyranny! And if I live thru the first assault I'm able to regroup and take the fight to them who have destroyed our lives, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I have no doubt about being on a "list" or the fact that someday they will come, its just a matter of being ready when they do. Our world is decaying by the day and we will have to defend our freedom soon, pray that God is on our side in this fight.
Rather than have a grand shootout, it makes a lot more sense from a self preservation perspective to simply move out of the jurisdiction that is imposing the ban. This is in effect a boycott. And a much more practical approach than going out in a blaze over an issue.

Of course, it is easy to say you will go out in a blaze.

When the time comes, I am sure you will do as NYC-er's, comply or move out.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post

Dude...really?

Do you know your history?

The Sullivan Act, was enacted against immigrants (irish, italian, jewish) by the corrupt politicians of Tamany Hall back in 1911. It didn't "forbid" ownership of firearms. Firearms are still legal in NYC...you must jump through hoops to get them, but you CAN own them. You can even get a permit to CARRY...however...it will cost you about $5,000 for the lawyers who specialize in getting carry permits for ordinary folk.

The Sullivan Act, also known as the Sullivan Law, is a controversial gun control law in New York State. Upon first passage, the Sullivan Act required licenses for New Yorkers to possess firearms small enough to be concealed. Possession of such firearms without a license was a misdemeanor, and carrying them was a felony. The possession or carrying of weapons such as brass knuckles, sandbags, blackjacks, bludgeons or bombs was a felony, as was possessing or carrying a dagger, "dangerous knife" or razor "with intent to use the same unlawfully". Named for its primary legislative sponsor, state senator Timothy Sullivan, a notoriously corrupt Tammany Hall politician, it dates to 1911, and is still in force, making it one of the older existing gun control laws in the United States.

The ONLY point of this legislation was to keep guns out of the hands of immigrants who were fighting back against the racketeers who had the protection of Tamany Hall in their own neighborhoods.

No one "came and took" any guns. By and large, it was as I said...sales were restricted, and some people even turned in their guns VOLUNTARILY...as you must remember, these were largely immigrants who had no history of resistance against ANY authority.

True...gun laws in NYC suck....but the rest of NY State permits are much more readily obtainable.

While I agree with your assessment of not moving to NYC...because I hate cities...you CAN in fact own guns there. A permit to OWN one is easy to get. A CARRY permit is the tough one that will cost you, but it can be had.

I still submit that the ONLY authority LE has is that authority GIVEN to them by a compliant populace.
I would not want to live someplace were you needed a permit to own.

It would be nice to live and work in a place like Arizona where you have the right to own and carry.

I have already made the decision to boycot NYC.

I turned the IBM invitation there down.

I found it amusing that the NYC recruiter was willing and happy to live without a single gun in his home. I guess he is one of the 55% who does not.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #23

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
True...gun laws in NYC suck....but the rest of NY State permits are much more readily obtainable.
No, they are not! Try applying for a pistol permit in any of the other NY cities or some of the more populated counties and see what it is like. NYS is not a shall issue state and every municipality has it's own guidelines, usually at the discretion of the local Sheriff's department or State Police.

Quote:
A permit to OWN one is easy to get. A CARRY permit is the tough one that will cost you, but it can be had.
Again, you are wrong. A permit to own a firearm is NOT "easy to get". A carry permit is nearly impossible to get, unless you can show "good cause" for such a need.

Here are some links on NYS and NYC gun laws, I suggest you read up before suggesting that obtaining a permit is easy

http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/new-york-gun-laws

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/new-york.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Laws_in_New_York_City#New_York_City

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #24

Thanks Dog. Appreciate your clarifications.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

First off, LE in common sense areas understand that gun bans are unconstitutional. LE in many parts of Louisiana (especially New Orleans) are corrupt. Understanding the Constituition and Bill of Rights is not necessary to be a Louisiana peace officer.

Second, disarming urban dwellers (especially NYC with its turn of the century immigrant population) is far easier than disarming rural dwellers, southerners and westerners. The "man" knows full well the consequences of a blanket ban across the country. There are far more determined gun owners than there are Peace Officers. We understand the odds AND the Constitution. Aint happenin' on my watch.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
No, they are not! Try applying for a pistol permit in any of the other NY cities or some of the more populated counties and see what it is like. NYS is not a shall issue state and every municipality has it's own guidelines, usually at the discretion of the local Sheriff's department or State Police.

Again, you are wrong. A permit to own a firearm is NOT "easy to get". A carry permit is nearly impossible to get, unless you can show "good cause" for such a need.

Here are some links on NYS and NYC gun laws, I suggest you read up before suggesting that obtaining a permit is easy

http://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/new-york-gun-laws

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/new-york.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Laws_in_New_York_City#New_York_City
Depending on what county you live in, CCW permits are easy to get.It took my wife 10 days from purchase to carrying her Bersa, and it took my son 3 weeks. I suggest you live in NYS before you say something like this.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #27
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think our best bet is to head off the gun ban fools before it comes to the " man" coming. Most of the so called " man" support the 2A. If it ever does come to that large scale passive resistance would be a first step. Like Western Canadians did with the crazy registration disaster they tried ten years back. No one signed up. It's been a major waste of time and money.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16837 Times on 9757 Posts
Likes Given: 43908

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
I think our best bet is to head off the gun ban fools before it comes to the " man" coming. Most of the so called " man" support the 2A. If it ever does come to that large scale passive resistance would be a first step. Like Western Canadians did with the crazy registration disaster they tried ten years back. No one signed up. It's been a major waste of time and money.
i agree. most all the LEO i know support the 2nd admendment and believe in it. one such retired Texas DPS officer even does CCW classes. you can't get much more supportive than that.

i agree with AZL, just from a numbers standpoint, it would be highly improbable unless people volunteered to turn them in.

the biggest hurdle i see is them restricting sale of firearms and ammo. firearms without ammo become expensive clubs.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #29

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

If your community is voting commies into office then maybe it time to vote them out of office.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #30

Liked 3704 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I had a bunch of guns but lost them when the FTF cruise ship sank.

Why I let DodgerBlue talk me into bringing every gun I owned on the cruise is beyond me! Vanity is a b1tch!

If I'm not mistaken, several FTF members lost all their guns on that fateful three hour cruise.
Me too, lost every one of em...damn shame too...my CCW now consists of the num chucks I made in 7th grade wood shop, 2 homemade throwing stars, and a wealth of hand to hand knowledge from our folk here an mentor...Geko45!

Tack