Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When THE MAN comes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

There is really no reason to be so paranoid over this nonsense.

First of all, those coming to take the guns have to be totally convinced that the American people are the threat and no foreign power is immanent to attack. The military and LEO known who the enemies are, and it's not law abiding citizens, or mom and dad.

Besides, the guns you have at your caches are safe.
You do have guns cached, don't you?
Oh well, if not then keep whining...

Last edited by Ranger-6; 05-13-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Changed: not you? to don't you?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #12

Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugers9 View Post
They those opposed of my 2nd Amendment.
And guns ablaze I will go
Edit by Mod- Play nice. You can think what you like.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by c3shooter; 05-13-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #13

Liked 1769 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
There is really no reason to be so paranoid over this nonsense.

First of all, those coming to take the guns have to be totally convinced that the American people are the threat and no foreign power is immanent to attack. The military and LEO known who the enemies are, and it's not law abiding citizens, or mom and dad.

Besides, the guns you have at your caches are safe.
You do have guns cached, not you?
Oh well, if not then keep whining...

What about the LEO's in La. after katrina? They didn't have a problem with violating citizens rights when THEY confiscated peoples guns. Some of you think it can't or won't happen but it already has.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Really guys?

Just how do you propose that "The Man" can "Come and take our guns?"

I just don't see how it's even feasable....just from a logistics standpoint.

If our ENITRE military...1.6 million in uniform IN TOTEM, and add ALL local, state, and federal LE...800,000...(2.4 million total) ONE THE SAME DAY...were to "march"...that would leave oh say...97.5 MILLION (minimum) gun owners, and the number is probably much, much higher...there is no way that could happen.

That is assuming you take every single person in a US military uniform, from all over the entire world, every base, every ship, everywhere, and every single cop...There is just no freakin' way.

So, now some will say...What about the united Nations? Useless as hen**** on a pump handle. Do you honestly think ANY other country would get involved in a bruhaha like that?

The only way we will lose our guns is if we give them voluntarily like the brits, and the aussies.

They may make MORE SALES and purchases illegal somehow...but they won't be able to TAKE anything without our approval.

Even the AWB of 94...no one TOOK anything from anyone.

Logistically it isn't even remote possibility. Assume a fifth, or even a tenth of the gunowners show some balls and stand up....they would still outnumber any personnel by a minumum of 2.5 to 1.

NGH....Not Gonna Happen.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #15

I'd also like to point out that the men in uniform would probably disobey orders before they left their families unprotected.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #16

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 14

In NYC the man has been there and gone. Its a town where the people are not allowed to keep or bear. The worst place in the USA as far as 2A rights are concerned.

I did not hear about any resistance there. People there like sheep just do as they are told.

Boycott is the best response rather than a shootout.

Just stay away from NYC.

Don't live or work there, and don't take a job offer there either.

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-13-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #17
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
In NYC the man has been there and gone. Its a town where the people are not allowed to keep or bear. The worst place in the USA as far as 2A rights are concerned.

I did not hear about any resistance there. People there like sheep just do as they are told.

Boycott is the best response rather than a shootout.

Just stay away from NYC.

Don't live or work there, and don't take a job offer there either.
Dude...really?

Do you know your history?

The Sullivan Act, was enacted against immigrants (irish, italian, jewish) by the corrupt politicians of Tamany Hall back in 1911. It didn't "forbid" ownership of firearms. Firearms are still legal in NYC...you must jump through hoops to get them, but you CAN own them. You can even get a permit to CARRY...however...it will cost you about $5,000 for the lawyers who specialize in getting carry permits for ordinary folk.

The Sullivan Act, also known as the Sullivan Law, is a controversial gun control law in New York State. Upon first passage, the Sullivan Act required licenses for New Yorkers to possess firearms small enough to be concealed. Possession of such firearms without a license was a misdemeanor, and carrying them was a felony. The possession or carrying of weapons such as brass knuckles, sandbags, blackjacks, bludgeons or bombs was a felony, as was possessing or carrying a dagger, "dangerous knife" or razor "with intent to use the same unlawfully". Named for its primary legislative sponsor, state senator Timothy Sullivan, a notoriously corrupt Tammany Hall politician, it dates to 1911, and is still in force, making it one of the older existing gun control laws in the United States.

The ONLY point of this legislation was to keep guns out of the hands of immigrants who were fighting back against the racketeers who had the protection of Tamany Hall in their own neighborhoods.

No one "came and took" any guns. By and large, it was as I said...sales were restricted, and some people even turned in their guns VOLUNTARILY...as you must remember, these were largely immigrants who had no history of resistance against ANY authority.

True...gun laws in NYC suck....but the rest of NY State permits are much more readily obtainable.

While I agree with your assessment of not moving to NYC...because I hate cities...you CAN in fact own guns there. A permit to OWN one is easy to get. A CARRY permit is the tough one that will cost you, but it can be had.

I still submit that the ONLY authority LE has is that authority GIVEN to them by a compliant populace.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Here we go. Another thread heading into the trash.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
Here we go. Another thread heading into the trash.
always has to be at least one running...

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

When that day arrives my hope is that i'm able to make a huge statement, to make others stand their ground against tyranny! And if I live thru the first assault I'm able to regroup and take the fight to them who have destroyed our lives, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I have no doubt about being on a "list" or the fact that someday they will come, its just a matter of being ready when they do. Our world is decaying by the day and we will have to defend our freedom soon, pray that God is on our side in this fight.