When the Innocent win
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When the Innocent win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1259 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Default When the Innocent win

I think we need a good thread with stories about when the homeowner wins one over an intruder and even better when no charges are brought against them .
Here is one from my local news outlet .

Quote:
HENDERSON, N.C. — A 14-year-old Henderson boy calmly described in a 911 call how he shot an intruder in a home invasion last week.

"I just shot the man. He came around the corner. I shot him. He broke the whole glass out (of the back door)," the teen told the 911 dispatcher.

Authorities said Anthony Henderson Jr. 19, broke into the home at 586 S. Lynnbank Road on Thursday while the teen and his 17-year-old sister were home.

The boy told the dispatcher that Henderson pointed a handgun at him, but Vance County Sheriff Peter White said deputies found no weapon on Henderson.

Henderson stumbled outside after being shot and was found dead on the lawn.

Deputies have charged Andrew Terry, 23, of 113 N. Woods Drive, with felony breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering and injury to real property in the case. They also are searching for two other men – Seneca Henderson, 20, of 907 S. Beckford Drive, No. 134, and Jatwaun Davis, 21, of 199 Belle Russell Road.

The boy's sister called 911 to report that someone was banging on the door trying to get in. She said she was hiding in her bedroom closet but told the dispatcher that her brother had a gun.

After the brother got on the phone, the dispatcher ordered him to put down his shotgun.

"I don't know how many it was (who broke in). Just one came around the corner. I got one more in the chamber. I'm going to shoot again," the boy said.

"Do not, while I’m on the phone, do not fire that firearm, OK?" the dispatcher said.

"What if another one comes in the house, ma'am?" he asked.

"Let me know, OK, if you see anybody. I will let you know (when a deputy gets to the house)," the dispatcher responded.

As the boy and his sister waited for deputies to arrive, he told the dispatcher that he was "perfectly fine," but his sister was "really shaken up."

The boy even asks about the condition of the intruder.

"He's still outside. He's unconscious. I'm not sure if he's still living or not," the dispatcher said. "They only found one outside. Are you not sure how many it was?"

"I'm not sure how many it was, but when I shot, I didn't hear anybody running," he said.

No charges are expected against the teen for firing on Henderson. North Carolina's Castle Doctrine law, updated on Dec. 1, allows homeowners to assume intruders mean them ill whether they have a weapon on not.

The family has declined to comment since the shooting.
If we already have a thread like this , my bad let me know .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #2

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

There is a thread on this sub-forum somewhere that links to a website with a map of the U.S. and pins of SD shootings including links to articles from local media outlets detailing the events. In other instances where local media didn't cover the story, it gives a small synopsis of the events from the person that posted the pin point.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 01-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3197 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 412

Guns Save Lives - Stories of Self Defense
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2355 Times on 1288 Posts
Likes Given: 3726

Good on the young man for taking care of business. Serves to prove the adage: When second count the police are minutes away; maybe a lot of minutes.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3043 Times on 1589 Posts
Likes Given: 294

The part that irritates the heck out of me is that the dispatcher "ordered" him to put the gun down. Who in the hell is a dispatcher to tell anyone they have no right to defend themselves? That dispatcher should be fired. What if the kid had complied, the burglars cam in, took the now abandoned firearm and killed the two kids? Talk about irresponsible! If one of my dispatchers ever did anything like that, I would hit the roof.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #6

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
The part that irritates the heck out of me is that the dispatcher "ordered" him to put the gun down. Who in the hell is a dispatcher to tell anyone they have no right to defend themselves? That dispatcher should be fired. What if the kid had complied, the burglars cam in, took the now abandoned firearm and killed the two kids? Talk about irresponsible! If one of my dispatchers ever did anything like that, I would hit the roof.
Id put the gun down alright....on the table right next to me or back in my holster locked and cocked with said holster unsnapped

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #7

Liked 1259 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 626

im thinking dispatch told him that thinking since he was so young he may have shot the next person he saw IE a officer or ems , albeit they would have announced their presence before hand . I would have told the dispatch to go to hell , ill put it down when the good guys get here

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 01-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #8

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
im thinking dispatch told him that thinking since he was so young he may have shot the next person he saw IE a officer or ems , albeit they would have announced their presence before hand . I would have told the dispatch to go to hell , ill put it down when the good guys get here
Very good point. Although i might not have been that nice on telling the dispatcher off. The cops/ems should be told the kids stance on it just to save time and possibly lives.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #9

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I would have told the dispatch to go to hell , ill put it down when the good guys get here
That was my first thought too. Just goes to show ya, common sense is not so common...even if you're a 911 dispatcher.

"Put the gun down now" ... why? So the intruders stand a chance of getting him back for killing their friend?

Fat chance.

I especially loved the part that said "Dispatcher ordered him to set the gun down" as if a 911 dispatcher has ANY authority over anyone what so ever.