When Drawing a Gun is Like Owning a Gun - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

When Drawing a Gun is Like Owning a Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3909 Times on 2380 Posts
Likes Given: 21659

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootitout View Post
I would have gotten my dad arrested about 150 times and what would they do if he had a gun. When did that become illegal.
SHootitout, the OP is about an incident in Canada. Pistols must be registered, and he did not have a pistol registered to him. That is why the police went spazoid on him. Had they been more reasonable, and investigated further, this thread would not exist. Read the link's article in the first post, it will clarify things.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I used to draw guns in class all the time, never had a problem with it. Heck, my high school had hunting magazines in the library (and this was in 2011). Our friends up north have it rough (at least they are improving). I just hope we never get that bad.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I did get my dad called once we had a teacher who was a vegan Democratic anti gun nut and wanted to kill anyone who wasn't. So I brought In a deers antler because we had to bring in something important to us. Some how that offended her to the point where I almost got suspended.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I did get my dad called once we had a teacher who was a vegan Democratic anti gun nut and wanted to kill anyone who wasn't. So I brought In a deers antler because we had to bring in something important to us. Some how that offended her to the point where I almost got suspended.
LOL!! If my kid brought in an antler, she would get kicked out for having a weapon! After all, It could, and probably was used as such, by the deer!

I have a friend who keeps eyeballing my antler sets whenever she comes over. I keep mine for rattling in bucks, not for decoration. She is not anti gun, but she is a liberal and is anti "sport hunting", IE trophies. My wife got a nice ten point a year before my friend got married. Our gift to the newlyweds, a set of stag handled kitchen knives! Three guesses where the handles came from.

Actually she uses them every day. Loves them, go figure.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.

Last edited by kfox75; 02-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
we had a teacher who was a vegan Democratic anti gun nut and wanted to kill anyone who wasn't.
That is an oxymoron in it's truest form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
LOL!! If my kid brought in an antler, she would get kicked out for having a weapon! After all, It could, and probably was used as such, by the deer!

I have a friend who keeps eyeballing my antler sets whenever she comes over. I keep mine for rattling in bucks, not for decoration. She is not anti gun, but she is a liberal and is anti "sport hunting", IE trophies. My wife got a nice ten point a year before my friend got married. Our gift to the newlyweds, a set of stag handled kitchen knives! Three guesses where the handles came from.

Actually she uses them every day. Loves them, go figure.
lol, did you explain to her that you don't like to waste any part of the animal?

The meat makes good chil and steak. The antlers can be decorative, used for hunting, or used to make something. The hide makes good soft leather, and the bones make good treats for the dogs.
Not sure what to do with the guts. I guess either fish bait, bait for preditory animals, or you could cook them if you wanted to.

(I don't really hunt, but yes, I would do pretty much all of this if I could. I hate being wasteful.)

Old 03-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I feel bad for the girl though she clearly just looks up to her father and sees that he protects her and that must have maid her feel terrible.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
That is an oxymoron in it's truest form.

lol, did you explain to her that you don't like to waste any part of the animal?

The meat makes good chil and steak. The antlers can be decorative, used for hunting, or used to make something. The hide makes good soft leather, and the bones make good treats for the dogs.
Not sure what to do with the guts. I guess either fish bait, bait for preditory animals, or you could cook them if you wanted to.

(I don't really hunt, but yes, I would do pretty much all of this if I could. I hate being wasteful.)
Yes I did. She could atleast understand thar.

You forgot one. The intestines can be cleaned and used for sausage casings, and I enjoy liver and onions. Heart is tasty too. Waste not want not. The rest? 'Yote bait.

Zctually, her husband is Half Souix. She had me save a hide for her to make cermonial garb for him. His mother, who is now living with them, is teaching her some of the old ways. In time she may come around. We'll see.

Last edited by kfox75; 03-01-2012 at 05:21 AM.