Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When in doubt, CONFISCATE!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yes.
I was clarifying the fact that her inventory contained an NFA item and that Gemtech is primarily a suppressor manufacturer. It looks like she probably suppressed her MKII.
It was stated that everything she had was legally owned so we can assume an NFA stamp.
I have heard that the BATFE can be persnickity when legally held NFA items are *stolen* from their owners.
My information does not come from first hand experience, but I have some Class III dealer friends and have researched it some.

Be Well.

Last edited by neilage66; 09-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1945 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2893

[QUOTE. And if you don't believe me, which as a red blooded law abiding American you shouldn't just Google "civil asset forfeiture" and do some reading. Prepare to be mind boggled.[/QUOTE]

This quoted for truth.

Just talk to folks who were robbed by state and federal agents at US airports for carrying large amounts of cash. One man was on his way to another state to pay cash for a farm tractor when some insignificant airline employee saw his money. The airline employee called the cops who confiscated the mans money.

The LA county sheriff's dep't raided a ranch outside of their county because they wanted to sell the place and enrich the sheriffs petty cash fund. They murdered the ranch owner when he resisted.

Articles about Police Raids Ventura County - Los Angeles Times

Donald Scott case - killing for land

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
[QUOTE. And if you don't believe me, which as a red blooded law abiding American you shouldn't just Google "civil asset forfeiture" and do some reading. Prepare to be mind boggled.

This quoted for truth.

Just talk to folks who were robbed by state and federal agents at US airports for carrying large amounts of cash. One man was on his way to another state to pay cash for a farm tractor when some insignificant airline employee saw his money. The airline employee called the cops who confiscated the mans money.

The LA county sheriff's dep't raided a ranch outside of their county because they wanted to sell the place and enrich the sheriffs petty cash fund. They murdered the ranch owner when he resisted.

Articles about Police Raids Ventura County - Los Angeles Times

Donald Scott case - killing for land[/QUOTE]

If that article about the Scott guy is anywhere near correct, it is very sad and should result in some prosecutions of the LEO's involved. Of course, it won't. It begs a comparison to the Corey Maye case near here ( Cory Maye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ); Maye shot the home invader, did some time while it went through court, and is now "free"; Scott didn't shoot, didn't do any time waiting on the court system, and is now dead.

Kinda makes me wonder who did "the right thing", the dead guy or the live guy. Hmmmm

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #34
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1747 Times on 995 Posts
Likes Given: 3529

Let me add more information.

Federal Asset Seizures and Forfeitures Rise; 'Equitable Sharing' Grows - WSJ.com

Federal Asset Seizures Rise, Netting Innocent With Guilty

Stealing Is Wrong, Even When It's The Government Doing It - Forbes

Stealing Is Wrong, Even When It's The Government Doing It

Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #35

Liked 1081 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Apparently some folks here are a bit confused.

Cops are the law. If you don't beleive it, ask one.

They can generally do anything they like and are rarely called out on it. They arrest people every day for doing the same things that they do.

They often cry about how dangerous their jobs are. "Poor me, when I leave home to go to work I never know if I will be coming home again." Horse hockey. A custodian, fisherman, construction worker or cab driver has a more dangerous job. Want a really dangerous job? Run a cash register at a minute market, or deliver pizzas.

I would be willing to bet that the cops in this incident will receive no punishment and will provide no apology. She will be lucky if they don't come up with some "newly found" evidence against her to justify the confiscation.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

As deeper desperation for revenue sets in around the country, we will see more and more egregious attempts to *make money* through obfuscation and confiscation.

We are surrounded and it's time to start pushing back.

You ain't seen bad yet but it's coming.

Be Well.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #37

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

****,,,, I put my tinfoil hat away to early the munchkins are on the march again... A conspiracy behind every bush… again.

Scubie

Old 09-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1945 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2893

The McIntosh county, OK sheriff and his deputy tried to fleece a guy who was carrying $30,000 in cash. Too bad for the sheriff and his bud: The proposed fleecee was an undercover federal agent. This was an acute failure of the victim selection process.

Oklahoma troubled by long line of sheriff scandals

The scumbags got federal prison time:

Sentences handed down in McIntosh sheriff scandal » Local News » McAlester News-Capital, McAlester, OK

Old 09-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
... A conspiracy behind every bush… again.

Scubie
Oh, come now; every woman i've ever met had an ulterior motive.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #40

Liked 51 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Wow i thought the cops around here were not that bad, at least i have never had a problem or ticket for the 30ish time's i have been stopped, sucks to see our police dept on here giving the good one's else where a bad name.