When in doubt, CONFISCATE! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > When in doubt, CONFISCATE!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Maybe someones should confiscate the Lakewood pds guns and see how they like it. This is something I would not tolerate and would pretty much own the PD by the time I got done with them.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderBurnBassist View Post
The officers that removed the weapons should be brought up on theft of weapons charges. This is outrageous. The woman served her country and this is how they repay her? And shame on the person who let them in to her abode without a warrant.
1. I will dance an Irish jig naked, if these guys get hauled in on theft charges. It will not happen. The department may apologize for their "mistake", but they will never face the charges they should.
2. She should hire a truly evil lawyer to go after the apartment manager and the building owner to the point that she ends up owning the building, literally, for this gross violation of her rights as a tenant and citizen.
3. This is why i'm usually VERY picky about who i rent from and our understanding of the lease WE will be operating under.
4. One of the great advantages to the time in my life when my roommate was a free-ranging Burmese Python was that i never, ever had unexpected maintenance at my apartment.

I would involve the old ACLU bums & start a civil rights suit to rub some noses, AFTER i got my firearms back.

Lest anyone think "this wouldn't happen here", the local Sheriff (not the city Police) confiscated the contents of one of my relatives gunsafe after he was found gravely injured and the apparent victim of a robbery at his home. His family had to have an attorney call to get the firearms (supposedly along with the remainder of the contents) returned without an apology.

This is one thing i do like about my safe; the local scumbag sheriff is too lazy to take it and too dumb/lazy to get it open. The city Police, well i would give them the combo over the phone, good people.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2827 Times on 1404 Posts
Likes Given: 292

If I was a civil rights lawyer, I'd be on my way to the airport right now.
The whole spectrum of potential lawsuits just boggles the mind.

Did she urinate in the wrong Wheaties? Crap like this is seldom random.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #24

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

I could see a LEO coming across a collection like hers and thinking:
“If I grab them and it’s wrong, it’s my bad. OTOH; If I don’t grab them, and someone(s) is shot and killed with them, it’s my worse. If someone is shot & killed with them after I was already here, it’s my MUCH worse. Better let someone back at HQ sort this out.”

Having said that, I’m surprised more experienced personnel, having checked book and verse, didn’t release them to her. (Unless maybe they weren’t finished firing rounds through them to get bullet samples, admissible or not.)

Old 09-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #25

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I could see a LEO coming across a collection like hers and thinking:
“If I grab them and it’s wrong, it’s my bad. OTOH; If I don’t grab them, and someone(s) is shot and killed with them, it’s my worse. If someone is shot & killed with them after I was already here, it’s my MUCH worse. Better let someone back at HQ sort this out.”

Having said that, I’m surprised more experienced personnel, having checked book and verse, didn’t release them to her. (Unless maybe they weren’t finished firing rounds through them to get bullet samples, admissible or not.)
So you believe in "The Minority Report" theory of law enforcement...LEO can confiscate personal property on a whim with no probable cause, no due process, no warrant to enter a personal residence, no accusation of any wrongdoing, no charges being brought, no adjudication? Nothing but a CYA "oh, she could be a crazy so I'll take her stuff" and force her to get a Court Order to get it back. That my friend is what the Framers meant by infringement...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Actually, the Thompson is a SEMI. Clink on the link I posted, has inventory of firearms as part of the lawsuit she has filed. Here In VA, would also be looking to file a criminal charge against the Chief for Malfeasance in Office.

Gemtech .22 = (likely) suppressor = NFA registered item

Be Well.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #27

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
So you believe in "The Minority Report" theory of law enforcement...(snip) . . Nothing but a CYA "oh, she could be a crazy so I'll take her stuff" and force her to get a Court Order to get it back. That my friend is what the Framers meant by infringement...
??? My friend, I didn’t mean to imply I approved. I just meant to imply I could read minds.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2111 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 3177

Quote:
2. She should hire a truly evil lawyer to go after the apartment manager and the building owner to the point that she ends up owning the building, literally, for this gross violation of her rights as a tenant and citizen.
This. The lady should get a good lawyer on a contingency fee and sue the owners and property manager into bankrupcy.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #29

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Where have you folks been?? LE has had the right to "arrest property" for over 20 years without probable cause or a warrant and often that property goes to auction. If you want it back you buy it back. It started as a tool in the war on drugs so they could legally confiscate property "suspected" of being obtained by illegal means. You seldom hear about it because is sounds too absurd to be happening in this country but it does. She is probably screwed, and not in a good way. And if you don't believe me, which as a red blooded law abiding American you shouldn't just Google "civil asset forfeiture" and do some reading. Prepare to be mind boggled.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilage66 View Post
Gemtech .22 = (likely) suppressor = NFA registered item

So are you saying this was on her inventory? Are they permissable with the NFA tax stamp in her state?

lil help?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.