Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   What's wrong with this picture. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/whats-wrong-picture-87301/)

redscho 03-24-2013 06:52 PM

What's wrong with this picture.

We will be traveling to visit my Grandson, a Captain, who is stationed at an Air Force Base. He has arranged base guest housing for us. When ever my wife and I travel I always have my carry weapon in the vehicle. We will be traveling in 3 states that honor my concealed carry permit. (I don't travel in states that will not honor my CCW permint.) Now I find that you are not allowed to have any type of firearm when visiting any military installation.

Interesting when you read the military oath of enlistment:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

It seems this does not include the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. Then you have to think about Ft. Hood, Quantico and other "incidents" you have to wonder. A prudent individual should be allowed to be armed. What is wrong with this picture?

winds-of-change 03-24-2013 06:53 PM

I'm sure that rule is to keep any "unfriendly" visitors from being armed. Please don't skip visiting your Grandson because of that. Or get a hotel room off base.

MattShlock 03-24-2013 07:03 PM

You may not have tinted windows either. That's just the way it is for security.

tomgodd 03-24-2013 07:25 PM

Who funds military property?

MisterMcCool 03-24-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd
Who funds military property?

I do.......

tomgodd 03-24-2013 07:40 PM

How? Taxation....
Never really understood all the I pay for this and that but I have no right to defend my self on property I help fund.

redscho 03-24-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1188702)
I'm sure that rule is to keep any "unfriendly" visitors from being armed. Please don't skip visiting your Grandson because of that. Or get a hotel room off base.

Ah, another government solution to a problem that did not exist!:eek:

MisterMcCool 03-24-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd
How? Taxation....
Never really understood all the I pay for this and that but I have no right to defend my self on property I help fund.

Absolutely from taxation. All "government" money was taken from the people. The government doesn't produce wealth.

tomgodd 03-24-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1188788)

Absolutely from taxation. All "government" money was taken from the people. The government doesn't produce wealth.

I was trolling.;) I know. One of the main reasons I avoid Fort Knox. I avoid anyplace I am told to sit on my hands.
Except my employer...:(

trip286 03-24-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattShlock (Post 1188713)
You may not have tinted windows either. That's just the way it is for security.

When the heck did that happen?