Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What's the plan if Gun Confiscation begins?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
you are such a kill joy .....
Quiet you! Or I'll put the leeches back on!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #32

Liked 1117 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay. I'll play magical "what if". I've got some time today.

So the "plan" as I see it as follows:

We get a bunch of people from the UN who want to come to America and go door to door rounding up guns. I would assume the volunteer list is going to start out big until the first reports come back.

Then we are going to fly them halfway around the world to a different culture, time zone and all that comes with that.n then we are going to group them together, making sure we don't have any internal fighting between religious sects. Then we are going to put them in a big assed convoy of military vehicles that are either provided by the US or the UN and hand them all a GPS unit and a registry map and turn them loose.

Once they go door to door and are greeted with lemonade and hugs, they load up all the guns and ammo and drive them to what is presumably a taken over and converted scrap yard. We couldn't need more than, what, one per two or three counties of confiscated weapons?

Of course we could just drive them all across the country to one big assed scrap yard, I'm sure hauling 100+ million weapons for thousands of miles on highways wouldn't cause any problems.

And this process is going to happen overnight. Because if we do one state at a time the word will get out and boating accidents will begin all over the country.

So then in the blink of an anti gunners gleaming eye we have a nation without legally registered firearms. We don't need to worry about the gazillion family hand downs, battle field pick ups and person to person sales, they would have all been turned in by the owners because they are all on board with this plan.

Great. Now we only have to worry about the home builders, the gazillion parts that are out there without records and oh yeah....... The multi BILLION dollar drug trade that will suddenly add black market guns to their available menus.

The UN couldn't get food delivered in Africa without help. And the people there actually wanted food.

Do you REALLY see them pulling off such a cack-handed attempt?

JD
Come on man your ruining all the fun Lets get back on track here
Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #33

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Come on man your ruining all the fun Lets get back on track here
Sorry man, but there are just so many "X is going to take a way our guns" threads a man can read before Logic just walks right up, whips it out and proceeds to piss all over the place.

I now return you to your previously scheduled conspiracy....

JD
Old 08-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #34

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
i'm now selling a full body double layer tinfoil suit complete with noneexistinium head shield.
do you have them in husky size?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #35
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

JD's right, as usual. It's waaaaay too impractical to attempt a peaceful, door-to-door confiscation round-up. Going in one direction, we have martial law where the government essentially declares war on the people. That won't end well for anyone, but it's one way to flush out those who have guns. Going the other direction, we'll see mandatory registration of all firearms, no purchase of ammo without presenting your registration card for the weapon whose food you wish to buy, laws prohibiting passing firearms to family members when someone dies, followed by an outright ban on sales of all firearms, etc. and so on. In a couple generations, they'll recover maybe about half of the estimated 277 million legally-owned guns, none of the guns owned and used by criminals, and they'll have no idea how many new guns have been purchased through the black market.

So it's looking like martial law is the best way for the government to go if it really wants to try to take guns away, and that's a 50/50 crap-shoot who ends up winning (well, everyone loses no matter what) and there won't be much of a country left afterward.

So I'm not kept awake at night worrying about gun confiscation.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
do you have them in husky size?
Why would you want to do that to a dog?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It will go down like this.
Check out this video on YouTube:

Old 08-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 222 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonPaul2012 View Post
Seriously, what's the plan? What do you plan on doing?

There are things to worry about, but this is not one of them in my opinion. There are a bunch of reasons this won't happen, many of them purely logistical.

• There are almost certainly more guns than human souls in the US, even if you assume that each person has a soul.
  • Who confiscates the guns? A high percentage of military/LE lean strongly toward the firearms crowd and would balk at such an order.
  • Our economy sucks and it will for some time. What "leader" is going to endorse confiscating something that figures prominently in the net worth of many individuals?
  • Many people will fight for this right, and be well equipped to do so. Even in the minds of true anti-gunners, it's just not worth the headeache that would become something of a civil war.
....(I could go on and on)

Some things I do worry about:

There will be constant attempts to re-introduce AWB type laws, limit capacities and certain designs, reduce carry rights, etc. There will be constant manipulation of the ammunition market. There will be future attempts to link individuals to individual rounds of ammunition and possibly even limit reloading. There might be eventual attempts to formally register and/or tax all firearms/ammunition owned, making it a criminal offense to own anything deemed "off the books" or "excessive". And all of these things can and certainly will impact the cost of shooting/owning firearms and ammunition.

But you're not going to wake up one day to suddenly discover "the man" has come for your guns.

Last edited by sweeper22; 08-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 2937

Quote:
It will go down like this.
Of course it will: The guy at infowars said so.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
bkt

Forget Alex Jones. Think about it logistically. The only thing he said that makes even a little sense is that they'd try a confiscation "...in order to kick off a civil war". Well, there are other ways to go about doing that...say, a collapse of the currency, followed by nationwide riots, followed by some silly-arsed attempt at imposing martial law.

I don't think that's particularly likely, but it would give the government an advantage.

Closed Thread