Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what's the law like in your state?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Here in Wyoming you can carry openly of concealed without a permit. Actually, we have no gun control laws at all. You can own a M-2 .50 calibre without even registering it if you comply with FEDERAL requirements.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpupp View Post
I live in Victoria Australia

And the laws are way over the top!
Well, welcome to the forum! Pull up a chair, crack a cold beer and enjoy yourself. When you get a minute, stop by the Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself.

Sorry to hear the laws are crazy in Oz. Aussies, along with Israelis, have long been known as a very tough group of people with whom you absolutely do not want to mess. Too bad your government has done what it has. Any chance people will want to reverse course and vote in a government that will repeal those laws?

Old 10-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #23

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV

I can't figure out why you people living in a Communist country haven't risen up and took control of your own destinations. My country did that over 200 years ago.
That's a question for my dad. Its to the point where we can only advance slowly, and persistently, VERY persistently.

-Matt

Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Here in Wyoming you can carry openly of concealed without a permit. Actually, we have no gun control laws at all. You can own a M-2 .50 calibre without even registering it if you comply with FEDERAL requirements.
Well, sure, but there probably aren't three people inside the effective range of most people's firearms.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's all good for you carry guys but here in Chicago we get to use our guns for real.lol

Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #26

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

They are slowly getting better here.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #27

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

As far as owning weapons in NC that is no problem. But shooting one is getting to be a real PITA. It's getting to the point if you don't join a range you have no where to shoot. That really sux when you own 135 acres. I have more land in Bertie county but I am not driving 2 hours just to go shoot on my own land.

I have been here for over 25 years and have never put up a posted sign or registered my land with the sheriff's dept. Everyone lets me hunt their land without issue, it's only fair I return the favor. But now I am going to register my land and if someones cat gets on it they better have permission to retrieve that cat.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-29-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Well, sure, but there probably aren't three people inside the effective range of most people's firearms.

That's the other very good reason to live in Wyoming!

AsSeenOnTV Likes This 
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In Illinois there talking about a violence tax on guns and ammo. Like a nickel a bullet and 25 dollars per gun.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911user View Post
In Illinois there talking about a violence tax on guns and ammo. Like a nickel a bullet and 25 dollars per gun.

How about a violence tax on a crack ho that pops out a kid every nine months?

AsSeenOnTV Likes This