what's the law like in your state?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what's the law like in your state?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default what's the law like in your state?

In my commie state of Illinois there is no reguirement to report loss,theft or transfer of a gun once it is sold from a gun shop?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Same here in less-restricted MS. It would be unwise not to report a firearm that has been stolen; you might have to come up with an alibi.

Still lovin permit-free car carry in MS.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Is it me or does that seem a little crazy.I mean in Illinois there's a 3 day waiting period?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911user View Post
Is it me or does that seem a little crazy.I mean in Illinois there's a 3 day waiting period?
The waiting period and FOID card seem a little crazy to me; i suppose it is all relative to that which you have become accustomed to.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5826 Times on 3293 Posts
Likes Given: 5303

My God, I'm glad that I live in FA. (Free America)

Winston Churchill

Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

New York requires immediate reporting of a missing handgun (lost or stolen) but not long guns. Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons" but the law is lax enough you can get a very nice AR of AK without serious issue but with some limitations. Class III devices are banned. Handguns require a permit to own, carry or even touch without an automatic felony conviction. Some counties are shall-issue, others require an act of congress and beatification by the Pope to get a permit. Delays in processing permit applications range from a couple weeks to over a year.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm illinois we register ourselves through the foid card but not the gun thank god

Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #8

Liked 24 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
<Snip> Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons"<snip>
Evil assault weapons? They sound like they'd be fun at parties. All my Modern Sporting Rifle does is stand silently in my gun safe. I have my suspicions about that rifle, though. One day I was at the bench loading some 45 ACP and I heard that rifle say something about it wanting to mount my ACOG. I wonder what that's about...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 AM   #9

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
New York requires immediate reporting of a missing handgun (lost or stolen) but not long guns. Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons" but the law is lax enough you can get a very nice AR of AK without serious issue but with some limitations. Class III devices are banned. Handguns require a permit to own, carry or even touch without an automatic felony conviction. Some counties are shall-issue, others require an act of congress and beatification by the Pope to get a permit. Delays in processing permit applications range from a couple weeks to over a year.
Ditto for New Jersey with an extra helping of WTF?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #10

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I live in CA. Enough said.

-Matt