Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   what's the law like in your state? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/whats-law-like-your-state-74970/)

1911user 10-24-2012 07:47 PM

what's the law like in your state?

In my commie state of Illinois there is no reguirement to report loss,theft or transfer of a gun once it is sold from a gun shop?

orangello 10-24-2012 07:52 PM

Same here in less-restricted MS. It would be unwise not to report a firearm that has been stolen; you might have to come up with an alibi.

Still lovin permit-free car carry in MS. :)

1911user 10-24-2012 07:58 PM

Is it me or does that seem a little crazy.I mean in Illinois there's a 3 day waiting period?

orangello 10-24-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911user (Post 988317)
Is it me or does that seem a little crazy.I mean in Illinois there's a 3 day waiting period?

The waiting period and FOID card seem a little crazy to me; i suppose it is all relative to that which you have become accustomed to.

locutus 10-24-2012 09:50 PM

My God, I'm glad that I live in FA. (Free America)

bkt 10-24-2012 09:55 PM

New York requires immediate reporting of a missing handgun (lost or stolen) but not long guns. Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons" but the law is lax enough you can get a very nice AR of AK without serious issue but with some limitations. Class III devices are banned. Handguns require a permit to own, carry or even touch without an automatic felony conviction. Some counties are shall-issue, others require an act of congress and beatification by the Pope to get a permit. Delays in processing permit applications range from a couple weeks to over a year.

1911user 10-25-2012 12:01 AM

I'm illinois we register ourselves through the foid card but not the gun thank god

KansasCandR 10-25-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt
<Snip> Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons"<snip>

Evil assault weapons? They sound like they'd be fun at parties. All my Modern Sporting Rifle does is stand silently in my gun safe. I have my suspicions about that rifle, though. One day I was at the bench loading some 45 ACP and I heard that rifle say something about it wanting to mount my ACOG. I wonder what that's about...

Jpyle 10-25-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 988480)
New York requires immediate reporting of a missing handgun (lost or stolen) but not long guns. Standard Clinton AWB remains in effect for "evil assault weapons" but the law is lax enough you can get a very nice AR of AK without serious issue but with some limitations. Class III devices are banned. Handguns require a permit to own, carry or even touch without an automatic felony conviction. Some counties are shall-issue, others require an act of congress and beatification by the Pope to get a permit. Delays in processing permit applications range from a couple weeks to over a year.

Ditto for New Jersey with an extra helping of WTF?

Blueguns 10-25-2012 04:35 AM

I live in CA. Enough said.