What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns??? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I will email him once and see if he will send me his opinion, I have conversed with him before about other issues pertaining to people blatantly breaking county ordinances and disturbing me and my neighbors and he has provided to be as useful as talking to a horse's ass, both times refering me to talk to some other LT. rather than dealing with anything on his own or speaking his opinion on the whole deal, and at the end, refusing to enforce the county ordinance because doing so wasn't cost effective.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #82

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

First, they would try to ban guns, then bows and arrows, then spears, then slingshots, and finally a law will be passed to crush all rocks into sand.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #83

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I will email him once and see if he will send me his opinion, I have conversed with him before about other issues pertaining to people blatantly breaking county ordinances and disturbing me and my neighbors and he has provided to be as useful as talking to a horse's ass, both times refering me to talk to some other LT. rather than dealing with anything on his own or speaking his opinion on the whole deal, and at the end, refusing to enforce the county ordinance because doing so wasn't cost effective.
...and that's the downside to SOME Sheriffs. Being an elected office it draws both good cops seeking office and it also draws politicians "who happen to have an LEO certification". Sounds like you got a politician.

Tack

Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #84

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I'm sorry, I didn't read through the rest of the thread but it's pretty clear to me what the outcome would be.

Civil War II

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
First, they would try to ban guns, then bows and arrows, then spears, then slingshots, and finally a law will be passed to crush all rocks into sand.
Sand is FAR from harmless; have you seen that black tacticool sand? Sandbags, sand in your eyes, glass shards, etc. I'm just curious how they will put serial numbers on the grains.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #86

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I have asked a few of my LEO buddies about this and they said they would quit their jobs before they would start taking peoples weapons . #1 would you want to take a chance on someone that refuses and decides their guns is more valuable than your life . NOPE , #2 I was told by my buddy that means his guns would be gone also and all he would be what he would be restricted to would be a duty gun . He isnt giving his up either
I just cant see it ever happening and thats why all my guns have been sold to private sales and the records burned up in the garage fire 2 yrs ago . Sorry cant help ya

Old 03-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #87

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
He also may be doing his job and not enforcing unconstitutional county ordinances. Remember just cause its law/ordinance does not make it constitutional. I lived in a county that had a ban on arial fireworks. The sheriff simply refused to enforce the ordinance unless it truly posed a danger to public safety through fire or misuse. He did what a good Sheriff is supposed to do. Measure the law against the constitution.
Some laws you think should be enforced on your neighbors through code violations are the most unconstitutional on the books.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #88

Well I would do everything I can to keep them away but if it came down to It then I guess the first thing id do is go down to the academy and bus a crossbow with a nice scope and assassinate the government

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever
I've got to agree with Opaww. You can only have my firearms if you pry them from my dead hands.
Same deal with me. No one takes my guns with out the fight of their lifr

Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #90

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think more than just one thing would happen, and a few were brought up. I may be a young guy but history likes to repeat. Now with that being said there will be people getting thrown in jails because of stupid gun laws, just like the african americans did with the sit ins. With full jails, where are we going to put the real criminals? Now comes the prohibition era! Black market sales, and with the fact it's pretty easy to hide handguns. And even easier to hide guns in pieces. And they would have to be very clear on what would a fire arm be. Because something like a shotgun bolt will look like a weird piece of metal out side of a gun. Then after a while it will turn into a civil war unless the government appeals their dumb prohibition on guns first. me? Well me sorry my illegal wepons were stolen, their issue not mine. But please watch out for the wet cement in my basement had to fix a broken drain pipe.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Last edited by Buckethead47; 03-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.