Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2415 Times on 1375 Posts
Likes Given: 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
When they come, the first on the list will be gun forum members, the NRA members and those of you who have the Buckmark logo on your truck; and yes, they do know who you are. The most vocal opponents will be the first on the list, and they will make you an example of what can happen. When you door is busted open at 2:30 in the morning and 12 SWAT members invade your bedroom, you will give them up one way or the other. Hide them if you will, but you will be afraid to dig them back up for the consequences will be too hard to live with.

All the brave talk will be subdued and most everyone will drive them down to the police station and collect their $25.00.
I have to agree they will have to approach us piecemeal.

They'll be trying to expose examples to the media along the way, of course,

to cow the rest of us into submission.

(Oh CRAP! Isn't that what they're doing right now?)

SWAT? Well, it's a living, but as Josey Wales said:

"Dying ain't much of a living..."

When the time comes, it's likely the government will have figured out

how to take us all down separately and alone, because they certainly can't

stand against us united.

SO, I guess it all boils down to whether you'd rather

die on your feet, or live on your knees.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I pay it no mind. Unless they're ready to afford me the same services
as given Obama and other political clowns, like camping out at my front
door and protecting family with their errands. If not, then I pay it no mind.
For to me government is just a bunch of guys seated with seasonal opinions.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #33

There are 550 million firearms in the world today, that's roughy 1 firearm for every 12 people on the planet. Question is... How do we arm the other 11?

Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #34
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper75 View Post
There are 550 million firearms in the world today, that's roughy 1 firearm for every 12 people on the planet. Question is... How do we arm the other 11?
Make more guns. That was easy.

As for doing a confiscation piecemeal, that can't work - word would get out very quickly and there would be a revolt or at least the lion's share of people hiding firearms. There are only two ways for a confiscation to be successful: cops at every door simultaneously which is impossible, or an incremental, slow progressive (pun intended) push through legislation.

But even a mass-confiscation wouldn't work. The black market for firearms would explode and people would re-arm in a heartbeat. I know I would.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #35

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
The govt would not have to confiscate anybody's guns all they would have to do is stop the flow of ammunition. We all saw how easy it is for an ammo shortage to happen after obummers election. Why take people's guns when it's easier to stop the sale of ammo. This is why it is a good idea to always purchase or reload more ammo than you shoot. Ammo can end up being far more valuable than your firearm collection under the right circumstances.
You seem to want to blame "Obummer" for the shortage of ammo shortly after the election.

Dude, it wasn't him, it was all of us (yep me too) hoarders who shot ourselves in the foot on that one. We taught the ammo makers that we would pay a hell of a lot more for ammo than they had been charging.

I doubt that anyone of us who experienced that will ever get down to out last box again. I know I won't. I have a reserve that I don't touch except to rotate stock.

Besides that, going after ammo won't satisfy the "gun haters" they will want the iron, not the brass.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #36

Quote:

Besides that, going after ammo won't satisfy the "gun haters" they will want the iron, not the brass.
Well, what a shame. I thought maybe we could work out

a deal with the antis, where we give them the brass,

one cartridge at a time...

Old 12-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #37

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
You seem to want to blame "Obummer" for the shortage of ammo shortly after the election.

Dude, it wasn't him, it was all of us (yep me too) hoarders who shot ourselves in the foot on that one. We taught the ammo makers that we would pay a hell of a lot more for ammo than they had been charging.

I doubt that anyone of us who experienced that will ever get down to out last box again. I know I won't. I have a reserve that I don't touch except to rotate stock.

I was not blaming Obama for ammo shortage just using that time frame as an example to show how fragile our ammo supply is in this country. I live in California and every year our politicians try to pass legislation to restrict the sale of ammunition. I do not ever see the Feds going door to door taking people's firearms . It's would be a lot easier to just take control of ammo factories and limit the flow of ammo sales to civilians. This would not even financially effect ammo companies because they could just export more ammo overseas.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #38

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper75
That was a good movie lol

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #39

Or we could take a couple of our cheapest weapons, and

nastiest brass, and rub poo and snot all over them.

Here ya go... ...hope ya'll wear rubber gloves...

Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #40

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
Or we could take a couple of our cheapest weapons, and

nastiest brass, and rub poo and snot all over them.

Here ya go... ...hope ya'll wear rubber gloves...
I hope i have rubber gloves if im putting the poo on it.

Have Gun....Will Travel