What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns??? - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp

AMEN!!

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION!

They are gonna need armed helicopters to take out our group of holdouts
That wouldnt work either with some of us since a few of us have rifles like 50 bmg and the 408 cheytac.....not to mention alot of us have 338. Also i know at least one other person on here has the perfect reloaders long range "sniper" rifle besides myself that is-7.82 warbird

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #112

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

Lol, ya if it were only that simple, here the town has no animal control or anything else for that matter, so the issue reverts to the county ordinance. The biggest pain is that our township isn't "zoned" so the county zoning laws don't apply, otherwise zoning would take care of it. So the only law at issue is the county animal control laws and the Sheriff's dept are the only enforcement here.
Careful what you wish for zoning laws passed on already established communities are wholly unconstitutional. If passed before any construction happens in an area fine but, to come in 20 years after a community has been built and try to say that they have to conform to new zoning laws is BS.

It is also the way that larger cities such as NY have been seizing property by condemning it under imminent domain clauses demolishing the current buildings, that by the way up until condemned had people living in them and had no history of code violations or citations, and then selling the properties to wealthy developers. And they wonder why people don't trust the government local or federal.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #113

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
Careful what you wish for zoning laws passed on already established communities are wholly unconstitutional. If passed before any construction happens in an area fine but, to come in 20 years after a community has been built and try to say that they have to conform to new zoning laws is BS.
There have been zoning laws in the county for years, this is a small town rural type area and the laws they have aren't overly intrusive, the people within 1000ft of a lake or river already have to comply with zoning, the rest of us don't. Mainly the biggest thing that would effect me if we zoned was I would have to buy a building permit to build a garage, not a big deal, I'd rather pay 100 bucks for the permit than have to deal with an a*****e's barking mongrels.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #114

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Be Well.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #115

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

Marlin, you didn't offend me at all. I Actually think you might be right. The only reason I was given as to why you need an upgraded license (assuming it would be a class II in the states?) is because the trigger group can be converted to fire in full auto mode, there for anything based off it, even in .22LR is classified as restricted up here.
The AR15 frame and m16 frame are internally different and can't be made full auto just by messing with the trigger.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #116

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop
This will never happen. I have heard this exact same talk since I was 12 years old and am now 61. We still have our guns, ammo, reloading supplies; we still have places to hunt, and because of organizations like Ducks Unlimited, Quail Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, The United Kennel Club, the Field Dog Stud Book, and other such organizations, and conservation efforts, game is still plentiful. Don't forget the National Skeet Shooting Assn., the ATA, and all of the other competative shooting sports organizations and you can see that there is just too much shooting activity going on for any politicians to stop it. When the anti gun lobby comes up with some way to thwart the shooting or hunting sports, the pro gun and pro hunting industries always come up with a way to defeat them. For example, when lead shot was banned for duck hunting, some hunters just gave up when they found the new steel to be ineffective and when the steel ruined shotgun barrels. The result? The shooting industries came up with many alternatives to lead that proved to be even better than and more effective than lead. Shotgun loads became better than ever. The shooting sports took a bad thing and turned it into a great thing. So, instead of saying a bunch of meaningless macho crap like "they will have to pry my cold dead hands from my guns," or something similar, lets tell them to go ahead and pass their laws and we will defeat them with science, logic, and level headed continuity. Besides, there is too much money being made by too many people in the shooting, hunting, sporting goods, and hunting dog industries for it to ever be put out of business. Just follow the money trail boys. I'm on your side. Let's just go about it in a civilized manner and we will win.
cottontop
Right on bro. Amen.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #117

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6
First, they would try to ban guns, then bows and arrows, then spears, then slingshots, and finally a law will be passed to crush all rocks into sand.
Sand in the eyes still hurts.