What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns??? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

it is not an unconstitutional law it is a disturbance of the peace issue which most all counties towns and cities have and enforce. In this case the guy has between 10 and 30 hound dogs the number varies depending on what he sells or breeds, and rather than keeping them in his yard where he can control them like a normal hound owner, he puts them on a piece of property which he doesn't even own where nobody lives to keep them under control so he doesn't have to deal with the noise. This property is right in front of mine and my neighbors' homes. These dogs bark day and night it wakes us up and in the summer there's no way I can even open my windows, he also keeps large piles of dog crap directly across from my driveway and the dogs numerous times each year get loose and tear up my property. I believe the Constitution would afford me the right to sleep in my own home and have a cookout in my own yard which my family has owned for going on 100 years over the right of a pack of dogs to bark 24 hours a day.
Forgive me but, having been an LEO. This particular problem is better taken care of through animal control. It really should not have to rise to the attention of the sheriff at all. Just saying, an annoying call to your county commissioner and supervisor would be advised. If all fail rat poison also works in massive doses. So do sub sonic .22 cal rounds.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #102

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
Forgive me but, having been an LEO. This particular problem is better taken care of through animal control. It really should not have to rise to the attention of the sheriff at all. Just saying, an annoying call to your county commissioner and supervisor would be advised. If all fail rat poison also works in massive doses. So do sub sonic .22 cal rounds.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson
Lol, ya if it were only that simple, here the town has no animal control or anything else for that matter, so the issue reverts to the county ordinance. The biggest pain is that our township isn't "zoned" so the county zoning laws don't apply, otherwise zoning would take care of it. So the only law at issue is the county animal control laws and the Sheriff's dept are the only enforcement here.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #103

Liked 4726 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Lol, ya if it were only that simple, here the town has no animal control or anything else for that matter, so the issue reverts to the county ordinance. The biggest pain is that our township isn't "zoned" so the county zoning laws don't apply, otherwise zoning would take care of it. So the only law at issue is the county animal control laws and the Sheriff's dept are the only enforcement here.
Seems to me that if his dogs were to "get out" oh say, every other day, the chore of rounding them up might convince him to kennel them elsewhere?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #104

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Seems to me that if his dogs were to "get out" oh say, every other day, the chore of rounding them up might convince him to kennel them elsewhere?
I am going to get some chickens, the animal control laws clearly state it is legal to shoot a dog if it is attacking you or your animals.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #105

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I am going to get some chickens, the animal control laws clearly state it is legal to shoot a dog if it is attacking you or your animals.
We just had an incident like this a couple of days ago. An off duty sheriff shot and killed two dogs attacking one of his turkeys. The owner of the dogs claim they were just curious. The sheriff called the police right after shooting the dogs and they confirmed that, that was not the case.

It was amazing how many people were crying out against it and how irrational their arguments were. As far as I know, nothing is going to be brought against the sheriff. Of course this was in a rural area.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #106

I sold all mine at the last gun show

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #107

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

All I have is an old mossberg bolt action twenty gauge. When you pull the bolt back it just keeps on comming. I would hate to see them take it. I would be screaming.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #108
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2703 Times on 1413 Posts
Likes Given: 221

I believe the question is flawed. It should be "what would you do when the government TRIES to take our guns". They will continue to try to whittle away at "cop killer bullets", "Assault Weapons" and "Saturday Night Specials", etc until they think they have the upper hand. THEN, they will try to make the big move. It will not end well. And it should not end well. A little revolution is beneficial every couple of hundred years or so.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #109
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I believe the question is flawed. It should be "what would you do when the government TRIES to take our guns". They will continue to try to whittle away at "cop killer bullets", "Assault Weapons" and "Saturday Night Specials", etc until they think they have the upper hand. THEN, they will try to make the big move. It will not end well. And it should not end well. A little revolution is beneficial every couple of hundred years or so.
Screw the "little" Revolution. If they try, the revolt needs to be so big, that 300 years later, politicians still fear what could happen to them if they create anti gun laws.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #110

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Screw the "little" Revolution. If they try, the revolt needs to be so big, that 300 years later, politicians still fear what could happen to them if they create anti gun laws.
AMEN!!

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION!

They are gonna need armed helicopters to take out our group of holdouts