What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns??? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
He also may be doing his job and not enforcing unconstitutional county ordinances. Remember just cause its law/ordinance does not make it constitutional. I lived in a county that had a ban on arial fireworks. The sheriff simply refused to enforce the ordinance unless it truly posed a danger to public safety through fire or misuse. He did what a good Sheriff is supposed to do. Measure the law against the constitution.
Some laws you think should be enforced on your neighbors through code violations are the most unconstitutional on the books.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson
it is not an unconstitutional law it is a disturbance of the peace issue which most all counties towns and cities have and enforce. In this case the guy has between 10 and 30 hound dogs the number varies depending on what he sells or breeds, and rather than keeping them in his yard where he can control them like a normal hound owner, he puts them on a piece of property which he doesn't even own where nobody lives to keep them under control so he doesn't have to deal with the noise. This property is right in front of mine and my neighbors' homes. These dogs bark day and night it wakes us up and in the summer there's no way I can even open my windows, he also keeps large piles of dog crap directly across from my driveway and the dogs numerous times each year get loose and tear up my property. I believe the Constitution would afford me the right to sleep in my own home and have a cookout in my own yard which my family has owned for going on 100 years over the right of a pack of dogs to bark 24 hours a day.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I don't think it would be a second Civil War, It would be a second Revolution that the Federal Government could never hope to win.

First off, many of the State Governments are going to oppose the Federal Government (Except for a few states. We know who you are, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. ). State Government=National Guard.

Second, Many (not all, but many) LEOs and US troops will choose to stand with the people, not the Government.

Third, 39%-50% of homes in the US have at least 1 gun. That is a **** load of people.

Forth, There are millions of people like us who wouldn't hesitate to defend our rights no matter the cost.

By the time this is done, the US Federal Government will have to fight against millions of armed people, plus the States' National Guards. With a deminished Military and Police force, the feds would stand very little chance of winning that war.

It is in the Federal Government's best interest not to attempt to abolish the 2nd Amendment.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #93

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

I agree that many of the American military personnel would side with the people, however I think we would see a hoard of those stupid blue hat wearing a*****e's taking the side of the Fed's. I believe those nice bright blue helmets and berets would make a fine target for sniping.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #94

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
I agree that many of the American military personnel would side with the people, however I think we would see a hoard of those stupid blue hat wearing a*****e's taking the side of the Fed's. I believe those nice bright blue helmets and berets would make a fine target for sniping.
Yes they do and would.....then again the blue hats are made up of countries that gave their guns away a long time ago

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #95
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

If those UN boys even attemped to come over here, we'd send them home in pieces.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Here is the link to the worlds largest army (America's hunters) article http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2638446/posts

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
...then again the blue hats are made up of countries that gave their guns away a long time ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If those UN boys even attemped to come over here, we'd send them home in pieces.
It occurs to me that the bluetops could be the true gunlovers of those poor countries and may be enjoying firearms the only way they can.
Of course, they would still be on the losing side.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #98

I don't think this will happen in our lifetime but who knows what our grandchildren will have to deal with. You can bet the UN will be in on any attempt to disarm us

Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #99

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS11 View Post
Does anyone have any idea what would happen if our gov't passed a law telling us we had to turn in our guns? What would we do? It's hard to imagine but they are trying. It should be brought to the attention of the American People what would happen. Do they think we would just all lay down and submit? I hope our next election makes it a moot point.
There would be a revolt, without a doubt.

But realistically speaking, these issues come up quite often in our country's history. It's a never ending fear that gun owners have, albeit for good reason because as society increases in numbers, so do the lesser intelligent among us...but it's more of a what-if than a real genuine threat if you ask me.

If anything, the firearms that are most at risk under an Obama re-election are handguns and fully automatics. He'll call it common sense, etc etc, and all the bleedy heart morons will buy into it.

Then for the common gun owners, he'll do a new slightly more intelligent approach and throw in a grand father clause...shutting a big chunk of the opposition up in a hurry.

Most gun owners say "You can't have MY gun"

Few actually give a damn about someone elses.

In other words, they're not up in arms and pissed off unless it's THEIR gun that is threatened.

And that's sad.

They will ONLY take our guns *IF* we set on our asses and let them...and im not even talking about a violent revolt. I'm talking about voting.

If every law abiding citizen that owns a firearm got their asses to the polls every 2 years, then the likes of Pelosi and Obama would never stand a snowballs chance in hell.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-06-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

There would be a revolt, without a doubt.

But realistically speaking, these issues come up quite often in our country's history. It's a never ending fear that gun owners have, albeit for good reason because as society increases in numbers, so do the lesser intelligent among us...but it's more of a what-if than a real genuine threat if you ask me.

If anything, the firearms that are most at risk under an Obama re-election are handguns and fully automatics. He'll call it common sense, etc etc, and all the bleedy heart morons will buy into it.

Then for the common gun owners, he'll do a new slightly more intelligent approach and throw in a grand father clause...shutting a big chunk of the opposition up in a hurry.

Most gun owners say "You can't have MY gun"

Few actually give a damn about someone elses.

In other words, they're not up in arms and pissed off unless it's THEIR gun that is threatened.

And that's sad.

They will ONLY take our guns *IF* we set on our asses and let them...and im not even talking about a violent revolt. I'm talking about voting.

If every law abiding citizen that owns a firearm got their asses to the polls every 2 years, then the likes of Pelosi and Obama would never stand a snowballs chance in hell.
Amen and amen!!!!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.