Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/what-would-you-we-do-if-govt-takes-our-guns-53009/)

ALS11 12-05-2011 12:05 AM

What Would You/We Do If the Gov't Takes Our Guns???

Does anyone have any idea what would happen if our gov't passed a law telling us we had to turn in our guns? What would we do? It's hard to imagine but they are trying. It should be brought to the attention of the American People what would happen. Do they think we would just all lay down and submit? I hope our next election makes it a moot point.

opaww 12-05-2011 12:16 AM

The government will never make outright total gun bans, but will start with common sense gun laws. About 60% of the gun owners will comply maybe with a few gripes but they will comply. The remainder will most likely try and hide the firearms and ammo they have. Only a small % will make a stand and say nope you can have it when you take it from my cold dead hand

sniper762 12-05-2011 12:22 AM

the question is "who would be stupid enough to give them to em"?

tqu9047 12-05-2011 12:45 AM

What guns? I sold all mine in private sales.

Tim

Firearms4ever 12-05-2011 12:52 AM

I've got to agree with Opaww. You can only have my firearms if you pry them from my dead hands.

Sniper03 12-05-2011 01:14 AM

As Opaww mentioned!
But remember there was a small percentage of true Americans that defeated the British in the Revolutionary War! Way less than 15% who actively stood up for our Freedom and there is a lot more Second Amendment loyalists than they anticipate! In the Revolutionary War the Patriotic Americans defeated the largest military in the World at that time. He is correct, some would just roll over and comply. What do you expect with the weak gutless Americans who are still riding on the labor an loyalty of others! This even goes back to some of our previous threads where people here just want to complain about everything wrong with organizations but refuse to spend a couple of bucks to support any second amendment supporting organizations *of their choice* at all!
And as I stated in a previous post today, there are a lot of us here on the FTF that have served and defended our country in many ways in the past and some still are presently being either Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, Sportsmen and women and others. And there is today no doubt in my mind what so ever, would stand up for America and Americans and defend our Freedom and Constitutional Rights against Tyranny. No matter from where it comes!
They can take that to the Bank! ;)

danf_fl 12-05-2011 01:19 AM

I lost mine in hurricane Ivan, the great fire of 2007, and a couple on the ill-fated FTF boat trip. :)

countryboy 12-05-2011 01:22 AM

That's part of the reason the UCMJ specifically protects service members from obeying unlawful orders... Amen brother.

EXPENDABLE

That d@nm boat trip strikes again....

jordan89 12-05-2011 02:32 AM

I'd go the much more dramatic route. Come pry them from my cold dead hands.

Jpyle 12-05-2011 02:43 AM

I suspect that as in most revolutions, rebellions and/or insurrections the truly hard core militia types will be the most ardent defenders, choosing to go down fighting before giving up. Most others will then have to choose sides. Most of the initial reactions will be civil disobedience type acts that will ultimately lead to a Kent State type overreaction by the gov't...then all bets are off. 300 million people cannot be subjugated against their will, it's only voluntary adherance to the law that provides government it's power.

How then do the banana republic tin pot dictators do it you may ask? Simple, in those countries the military and police forces are as corrupt and ruthless as the government. I will never believe that to be the case here.