What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I don't think bulez threatened anyone... He's simply pointing out the "escalation factor" or "retaliation factor" that occurs with every armed conflict.

It happens every single day across the globe and even right here in our inner cities.

When was the last time a "gang" shooting ended with 1 event? They don't... They spiral into a half dozen "tit for tat" engagements where the innocent tend to get hit more often than the guilty.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Well bluez, probably every single one of them because now you're threatening their families. If they don't do their jobs and use their weapons to defend their families against people who threaten to kill them because they're easier targets than going after military and law enforcement personnel, I'd consider that pretty good motivation for taking out all comers- whether they agree with the current administration's anti-gun agenda or not.

You know, the more I opinions I hear about what people would do if, when, or even before their government does something they don't like, the more I have come to the realization that the people making such statements are exactly like the people in the government they're so afraid of.

What exactly about the nature of how our government interacts with its people will change if someone like you takes over? If you are willing to do the same reprehensible things to our government personnel that you claim they will do or are trying to do to you, how are you any different than them (apart from the fact that you don't have all the hardware that they have)?

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought most of us here were grown men. Use all that piss and vinegar to come to the resolve to write your representatives (all of them and, repeatedly if necessary) to express your opinion on the government taking guns from civilians in an intelligent and civil way (this might be more difficult than I thought). With all the guns and ammunition sold in this country, there has to be more gun owners than people who don't own guns. You'd think they'd use their time to coordinate meetings to share ideas, pool funding, and recruit political resources to ensure that no one man, even the president, could ever determine whether or not the citizenry are permitted to be armed.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #72

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Now listen here okay? I'm not for toppling the government or anything buuuuut. If they make a registration/confiscation thing don't register them or turn them in. Do not tell anyone about them, do not talk about them, just act like you never had them. If you filled out a Form 4473 just take them to a relatives house until the heat dies down. And if it does happen it won't be fought on the battlefield it will be like Iraq/Iran. I mean in my state there is tank factory that makes Abrams tanks and they have some stored there I think so really all it would take is people who are trained to use them. You can't forget about the people who would leave the military and what they would bring with them. Also in the original one 600,000 Americans died. Just saying, I ain't all for this anti government stuff. I mean I am anti government but not hardcore. I might just be born in the 90's but I do remember Kent State.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #73
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr
Now listen here okay? I'm not for toppling the government or anything buuuuut. If they make a registration/confiscation thing don't register them or turn them in. Do not tell anyone about them, do not talk about them, just act like you never had them. If you filled out a Form 4473 just take them to a relatives house until the heat dies down. And if it does happen it won't be fought on the battlefield it will be like Iraq/Iran. I mean in my state there is tank factory that makes Abrams tanks and they have some stored there I think so really all it would take is people who are trained to use them. You can't forget about the people who would leave the military and what they would bring with them. Also in the original one 600,000 Americans died. Just saying, I ain't all for this anti government stuff. I mean I am anti government but not hardcore.
I absolutely disagree. Does the ostrich survive the cheetah by burying his head in the sand?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I checked, it isnt in the Charter of the US Government to fix anything they think is broken. By the time BS Laws are penned by republicrats and passed by the Pubah, the trains already left the station! Were talking about AR's, crooks cant wait until Plasma guns are cheap and available; we foolishly attempt to limit old technology, the new stuff is 10 times as potent and a 10K CNC or a few bottles of easily available Chemicals take their place overnight.
Yup it really is amazing what you can make with house hold stuff.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I absolutely disagree. Does the ostrich survive the cheetah by burying his head in the sand?
But only reason I think like that is because my family has a strong military history. My family was some of the Patriots in the Revolutionary War and some Confederates and the Unionists in the Civil War. Lost ancestors in both ones. Everyone now thinks the Confederates seceded to keep slavery which isn't true. You have to think if we lose what will future history make of us? Plus I have friends of family in the military today and I know some people in it.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #76

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr View Post
...Everyone now thinks the Confederates seceded to keep slavery which isn't true...
Lemme guess: states rights? It's called the Lost Cause argument to historians and it is a whitewash excuse for the South. "Nah, we never really wanted slavery -- it was Northern Aggression."

7 of 11 seceeding states wrote DECLARATIONS stating they were leaving because of the drive to end slavery. Read and grow some whiskers before you preach anything to us brother. Born in the f*****g '90's indeed!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
Lemme guess: states rights? It's called the Lost Cause argument to historians and it is a whitewash excuse for the South. "Nah, we never really wanted slavery -- it was Northern Aggression."

7 of 11 seceeding states wrote DECLARATIONS stating they were leaving because of the drive to end slavery. Read and grow some whiskers before you preach anything to us brother. Born in the f*****g '90's indeed!
That's what everyone thinks but it wasn't completely slavery, although it played a part, it was other reasons. They were so ideologically different it was basically like two separate countries in one. The South was agrarian and wanted to stay that way and the North was industrial and wanted to industrialize the South. But we are way off topic here.

Last edited by Ruger22lr; 03-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #78

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post

Your splitting hairs with this one. Slavery WAS a state right. Prior to Lincoln, both sides worked to ensure compromise and equal representation for free and slave states. The aversion to war is why "new states" were only admitted by two's, one free, and one slave, to keep the Senate balanced.

I'm not defending slavery but Lincoln was a crusader and the biggest war criminal our country has ever produced.

Tack
Old 03-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1232 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 531

You know, for a country that fought a war to prevent any state of the union from having slavery, it is kinda funny that we are economically enslaved to the banks and the government.

Not owning an AR-15, whether by choice or force of law, is not equivalent to being someone else's property.

I would like to keep my AR-15, but I think the best way to ensure that I do is to elect representatives who are moral men and women.

If we start doing "eye for an eye" and "tooth for a tooth" there will be a lot of eyeless and toothless people in this country. I want my government to respect our people. There is a mistaken notion that fear is equivalent to respect. It's pretty hard to respect someone you're afraid of, or at least it is for me. To quote Yoda, "Fear leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering." Our government has already purchased enough ammunition to kill every man, woman, and child several times over. I'd say that they're already suitably afraid of us (gun owners) and no further demonstration or saber rattling is necessary or desirable.

Clearly others differ in their opinion, but I think our government (and whomever they actually represent because it sure as hell ain't us) is terrified of us and everything they do makes me more certain of this.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6611 Times on 3684 Posts
Likes Given: 6279

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post

If we start doing "eye for an eye" and "tooth for a tooth" there will be a lot of eyeless and toothless people in this country. I want my government to respect our people. There is a mistaken notion that fear is equivalent to respect. It's pretty hard to respect someone you're afraid of, or at least it is for me. To quote Yoda, "Fear leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering." Our government has already purchased enough ammunition to kill every man, woman, and child several times over. I'd say that they're already suitably afraid of us (gun owners) and no further demonstration or saber rattling is necessary or desirable.

Clearly others differ in their opinion, but I think our government (and whomever they actually represent because it sure as hell ain't us) is terrified of us and everything they do makes me more certain of this.
And all of this childish nonsense about armed resistance serves no useful purpose, but exacerbates the problem and mistrust.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

People Like This