What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

I'd be headin for the woods!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #42

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
+1 kbd. The other factor I doubt many have considered is collateral damage. Are you prepared to lose everything? All you own including your family? For a principle? Because that's what'll happen if the S really does HTF. Anyone here old enough to remember Randy Weaver and/or the Branch Davidians knows what I'm talking about. The Government didn't hesitate and neither did those who carried out their orders. The idea of the Military changing sides and joining the rebellion is a dream. Unless you've been in combat, you have no idea what you're in for.
What would I do? I believe in the 2nd Amendment and the rest of the Constitution, but at my age, the clock's running out. My kids are grown and on their own all over the map. I dig my heels in, it'll just be me.
Standing up in the best Minuteman tradition is a noble thought, till the shooting starts. Think about that when you tuck your kids in tonight.
Randy weaver and branch davidians? I googled them but didnt find out much. What did they do exactly? All i heard is that they wanted Armageddon

Also guys, remember that the govt would not use artillery and airstrikes as often as you think there would be to much collateral damage.
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Last edited by beastmode986; 03-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #43

Liked 406 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by epleyjoseph View Post
So you would rather have us turn in our firearms and call it quits?
Wouldn't presume to tell you to do anything. What I'm saying is most people given the choice between doing what's right or what's in their own best interests, (survive), will choose the latter. This is something that's easy to talk about, not so easy to do. Confrontation would be incredibly messy with no guarantee it would end well. If history's shown us anything, good does not always triumph. Finally, if you remember the infamous Time magazine cover when the Feds seized Ilian Gonzalez, ( It's still on line)? Take Ilian and the guy holding him out of the picture, insert two of your loved ones in it with an agent's MP-5 stuck in their face. What then? Just askin.

Last edited by Donn; 03-27-2013 at 05:52 PM.
cottontop Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #44

Liked 406 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Randy weaver and branch davidians? I googled them but didnt find out much. What did they do exactly? All i heard is that they wanted Armageddon

Also guys, remember that the govt would not use artillery and airstrikes as often as you think there would be to much collateral damage.
Google Ruby Ridge incident for the details regarding Randy Weaver. David Koresh and the Branch Davidians will take you to several links regarding what happened at Waco. Keep in mind the Government had the media on their side too. In both cases, the victims were portrayed as bad guys, (just like we would be). Were Weaver and Koresh clean and pure as the wind-driven snow? No, they weren't. That said, they and the people around them didn't deserve what they got either.
Also, I disagree the Government would hold back anything, short of nukes, in the face of a major insurrection. MHO, but there it is.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

[QUOTE="Donn;1192513"]

Anyone here old enough to remember Randy Weaver and/or the Branch Davidians knows what I'm talking about. The Government didn't hesitate and neither did those who carried out their orders. The idea of the Military changing sides and joining the rebellion is a dream. /QUOTE]

Ditto. Just look at the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. No one was standing up to the local LEOs or the National Guard when they started confiscating weapons. Kinda hard to do when the government is holding all the cards.

However, with that said, I truly believe that when the SHTF, and they start going door to door confiscating firearms, they are going to find that those weapons have already left for the woods, mountains, and swamps. They will be cached there for guerilla groups ( patriots) to use against these " government posses" as the need dictates. That's right it will be Nam and Iraq all rolled into one except we gun owners will be " Charlie".

Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #46

Liked 4983 Times on 2413 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Gentlemen,

I've read a lot of "tactical" advice here... and no offense falla's... but I shot snot out of my nose at a couple of them... Shooting down bombers and fighters with .50's and .419's... really?

I'm equally amused at those who believe the "rotten house of cards" that IS our Gooberment is somehow invincible because they have tanks, aircraft, ect...ect...

Any 2nd rebellion will not be formations of patriots marching on D.C. or meeting Federal troops in open fields.

Vietnam and more recently the Arab Spring have proven that even a poorly armed civilian insurgency will eventually topple any government.

There is no greater disparity of arms and manpower between us and our Government than existed between Libia's Ghadafi and his people... In fact, I'd say it's the opposite.

On top of that... American patriots would not need to gather in large numbers. We would not need to "take and hold" ground. Doing so would be suicide from air attack and it serves no purpose.

All American Patriots need to do is two very simple things.

1. Refuse Registration
2. Refuse Confiscation... with deadly force if necessary.

That's it, nothing more is required. We make up 1/3 of the population. Even if only 10% choose resistance were talking about a completely undetectable force 8 to 10 Million VS a standing uniformed police force of 1 million. Even if active duty military was engaged... and complied, you only adding another 1.3 million boots to the ground and less than 25% of those are trained trigger pullers.

So... stick to your guns... follow your principles... protect your neighbors/community, and if your forced to ACT remember...

Defense of Liberty is ALWAYS the right course of action regardless of the uniform worn by the oppressor.

Should any bloodshed come from this, it will not be the fault of the citizen defending his LIBERTY and his PROPERTY. It will be on the hands of politicians who were foolish enough to attempt such an affront to freedom and the LEO's who followed UNLAWFUL orders.

Tack

Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Google Ruby Ridge incident for the details regarding Randy Weaver. David Koresh and the Branch Davidians will take you to several links regarding what happened at Waco. Keep in mind the Government had the media on their side too. In both cases, the victims were portrayed as bad guys, (just like we would be). Were Weaver and Koresh clean and pure as the wind-driven snow? No, they weren't. That said, they and the people around them didn't deserve what they got either.
Also, I disagree the Government would hold back anything, short of nukes, in the face of a major insurrection. MHO, but there it is.

So in the beginning of this video, that's the incident they were talking about? That's brutal!
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #48

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

as usual lots of big talk about fighting back against the (presumably) US Govt. there are a few people and a few ideals I am willing to die and kill for. owning an ar15 sure as heck ain't one of them. making my kids spend their life without their Dad, or worse getting THEM killed, for a rifle? no I can't honestly say it would be worth it. it would definitely stink to high heaven, and I would work my tail off to get the bums that pass that kind of legislation kicked out of office. but make a last stand at my house? over an ar15? that would be about the most irresponsible thing I ever did!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #49

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1731

Default AR ??? What AR ???

Just to lighten things up a little here.. but still stick to (somewhat) the issue at hand.. I've posted (said) this before and I'll repeat it again... I am a native North Carolinian... going back to the Cherokee wars (sub-war of the F&I) of 1760. I am the descendent of Confederates and Bootleggers.... So I really don't give a fart in hell what the Federal Government "commands" me to do if I feel it infringes on my liberties or that of my neighbors and kin.

That being said... to survive in times of strife and prohibitions, it behooves someone to keep what you need close at hand, keep your wits about you, fly below the radar whenever possible and play your hand only when forced to.

To that end I say to the "authorities"... "What gun?? I don't have a gun!"

Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
as usual lots of big talk about fighting back against the (presumably) US Govt. there are a few people and a few ideals I am willing to die and kill for. owning an ar15 sure as heck ain't one of them. making my kids spend their life without their Dad, or worse getting THEM killed, for a rifle? no I can't honestly say it would be worth it. it would definitely stink to high heaven, and I would work my tail off to get the bums that pass that kind of legislation kicked out of office. but make a last stand at my house? over an ar15? that would be about the most irresponsible thing I ever did!
Its not about the ar15, its about them restricting our rights. I wouldnt care, im an ak guy let them ban the ars! Jk even though I do like ak's more..