Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #111
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

It seems it is a question of when, not if. Sad to say.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #112

Liked 4423 Times on 2145 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

The path is quite simple...

If all else fails refuse Registration... No one can knock on 100 Million Doors.

Should that knock come, just remember, defense of liberty is always the right course of action... regardless of the uniform worn by the oppressor.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
This ^^ is correct IMHO. That is what scares the S#!t out of me. I am not afraid of dying for the freedoms that are promised to ALL of us in the Constitution, however, I am one who would mourn the loss of so many good people who were just doing what they were told. It would be a war like no other has been, because our own citizens would be the innocents in the crossfire. This would happen in our own back yards, on our own streets, and in front of our children and grandchildren. We must all do what we have to to prevent this from happening, but not at the cost of our rights.

Some on here are saying "Over a rifle?". It is not over a rifle, it is over our right to defend ourselves, our life, liberty, and our ability to pursue our own happiness. Google some of the following things, and you will see how our 2A rights have been steped on in the last 100 years:

NFA '34
GCA '68
FOPA '86

We, as a country were divided on each of these, and the criminal actions of others are what cost us our rights to the firearms listed in these acts. Dos anyone on here really think that it will stop with ARs and AKs? Do you think that it will stop at a 10 round maximum? Especially with Cuomo, Obama, and Bloomberg out there pushing for more restrictions. Do we forget that several federal and state lawmakers have already publicly stated that they don't even want guns in the hands of the people who can LEGALLY own them? How will they take them if we all stand up and say NO, you can't have it. Their only choice is by force, and if it comes to that, do you really think they will pass up your guns just because they are bolt action relics? Some of the rifles used over in the sand box are some of those old Bolt action relics, so even those can be a threat.

I for one, am sick and tired of having to bow down to the governments actions FOOG, because someone else, who should not have had a gun in the first place committed a crime with a "certain Military Style Rifle". What's next? Will I have to put an ignition interlock on MY truck because my NEIGHBOR got a DWI? My question is, where do we, the citizens of the United States, draw the line? What more do we have to lose for all of us to stand together, and in one voice, say NO!

Sorry about thr rant, but some of us need to wake up before it's too late.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #113

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

My only "intention" is to refuse to comply with any new GC Laws. Whether or not that leads to violence is not up to me...

Tack
I like that, well said

Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #114
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
It seems it is a question of when, not if. Sad to say.
Quote:
The path is quite simple...

If all else fails refuse Registration... No one can knock on 100 Million Doors.

Should that knock come, just remember, defense of liberty is always the right course of action... regardless of the uniform worn by the oppressor.

Tack
I agree guys, but it still sickens me to the core that it may come down to fighting against our own. I hope and pray that day never comes, but i am prepared to do what I have to to defend both those I love, and the freedom of all our citizens. Si vis pacem parabellum. And believe me, I pray for peace, but I am prepared for war.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #115

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post

I agree guys, but it still sickens me to the core that it may come down to fighting against our own. I hope and pray that day never comes, but i am prepared to do what I have to to defend both those I love, and the freedom of all our citizens. Si vis pacem parabellum. And believe me, I pray for peace, but I am prepared for war.
As a former medic, i most humbly agree. God bless all real patriots.
Amen
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #116

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Remember what John Parker said, Don't fire unless fire upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1704 Times on 889 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
My only "intention" is to refuse to comply with any new GC Laws. Whether or not that leads to violence is not up to me...

Tack
based on your statements, why would comply with the laws as written today? many of those are as meaningless and ignorance-informed as the latest round

Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #118

Liked 4423 Times on 2145 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
based on your statements, why would comply with the laws as written today? many of those are as meaningless and ignorance-informed as the latest round
Yes they are... but... they are the "system" I was born into... they are fairly "non restrictive", at least in my State, and they are actually LESS onerous now then they were when I joined the Military.

That may sound like "splitting hairs" but my beef with expanding gun control beyond the complete fallacy of the notion IS how it pertains to my personal life, and more importantly, what it says about a Government who labors under the false pretense that it is somehow justified in "judging" me.

Back when I was active duty, the US Government was more than happy to hand me fully automatic M249's, M60's, select fire M16A2's... and all the ammo I felt like carrying... but no less than 210 rounds of 5.56

For them to now say, Mr. Tack, thanks for your service but we "dirt bag politicians", no longer "trust" you to own the "semi only" versions of these rifles... is lunacy that I will take no part in.

What changed? Does my status as an Honorably Discharged Veteran somehow make me "less trustworthy" than the active soldier I used to be?

Does the Government have any right to restrict my rights based on the illegal activities of others?

I'm quite sure some if our resident sh!t house lawyers would say yes, they do... but common sense must occasionally prevail... and this issue is to important to lay down and take it.

Tack
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #119

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

How many silly comments can you guys keep throwing out here? I can't keep up with them all...

Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 837 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
How many silly comments can you guys keep throwing out here? I can't keep up with them all...
You know, if you don't like the commentary here nobody's forcing you to read it.

There seem to be two schools of thought here:

1. A war with our government is inevitable and needs to be initiated so we can continue to have all the guns we want. If the government behaves in a lawless manner, why should we follow the laws?

Some people think that because they were once a part of the government or held a "special" job (infantry/cavalry/special forces/whatever) think they still hold that job and are "entitled" to do and say whatever they want.

2. Going to war with a government with the most technologically advanced and well funded military is suicidal and not a realistic option. Just because the government can't control its fear and paranoia doesn't mean we can't.

Some other people realize that even though they were a part of the government, they are no longer in uniform and while what they did and were a part of may have been fine while they were a member of that organization, the same rules don't apply to them now and there is no such thing as equality. There should be enough evidence of what happens to Rambo in real life when he/she decides to "be Rambo", but apparently all evidence to the contrary is not enough to dissuade some people from self-destructive courses of action.

Patriotism, liberty, loyalty and all other words that sound really nice in theory but don't amount to a hill of beans when people with more men and more firepower than you have are shooting at you is what the argument seems to center around. If any of the people on this forum were serious about their "liberty" and thought it was important enough to start shooting people over, they wouldn't be typing in a forum, they'd be on the streets engaging the people who were responsible for "taking their liberty".

Personally, I think there are better ways of achieving freedom than shooting at people and I also think that we're nowhere near needing to start a war to reform the government. It's pretty apparent to me that our sense of morality and liberty is not shared by the voting majority. I would like to wait until the current regime's time in office is up and, in the next election cycle, throw their sorry rear ends out on the street where they belong.

That pretty much sums up this thread.