What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?

Probably not likey to happen overnight but what would happen if they banned the sale and transfer of the "scary black rifles" as well as required you to turn them in? Would life go on as normal or would there be a revolution. I am curious on your inputs as I have been pondering this. Now obviously there would be protest but I'm talking about a big rebellion where we just take over. Which wouldn't be so bad cause we have to do something about this country.

WE THE PEOPLE NOT YOU THE GOVERNMENT

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
huntsman Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #2

Liked 635 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 1892

I'm sure if they came for our rifles they would get our bullets first!!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #3

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Not saying it cant or wont ever happen but we the people will not let this happen .
See my signature below for instructions

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
People Like This 
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #4

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Pure: Awesome sig!!!

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
People Like This 
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #5

Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Not saying it cant or wont ever happen but we the people will not let this happen .
See my signature below for instructions
I love that quote every time I see it. I agree also. They are just side steeping in way to make the AWB an illusion when really they want the other stuff.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
huntsman Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 974 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 402

It seems it is much easier to destroy rights than maintain them. The momentum, the thrust, the erosion is constant. Although we cannot see it, the edge if the precipice is at hand...every time gun grabbing appears. I believe a media campaign, followed by a registration requirement, followed by a grandfathered ban, followed by non reloadable ammo requirements, followed by more media support and voluntary buy back, followed by local ban expansion will set the stage for whatever ends the debate.

Smoked a brisket last weekend and that starts with a good fire in the firebox, when I opened the box to check the coals, I found a toad in the coals with rear legs burnt off. When I touched it with the poker it blinked and pulled itself out with front legs...gruesome and certainly unintended to be sure, but the old myth of boiling a frog may be true. We should be very sensitive to that effect when it comes to our firearm rights!

Sorry in advance for the imagery, but I had seen on Mythbusters where they debunked that one and took them at their word....

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

molonlabexx Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #7

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I suspect there would be many millions of questionably illegal AR's in the hands of Americans. Two million sold to them 2000 through 2010, and it wouldn't surprise me if the same number are sold since 2010 through this year, 2013.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AonYZs4MzlZbdE5Hb2htdzJYUk1XeFRxMkJIdEFNU Xc#gid=5

Last edited by MattShlock; 03-26-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

The spreadsheet doesn't include all of the bare lower receivers sold or any of the 80% complete receivers that are now complete guns. My guess is that you can EASILY double, and maybe even triple, the number sold between 2000 and 2010!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #9

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I would hope that people would rise up in mass, I wouldn't turn mine in, I'm getting old anyway, I've had a great life, my kids are grown and on their own and my wife would be alright financially without me. My decision would be very simple.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #10

Liked 15 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I would hope that people would rise up in mass, I wouldn't turn mine in, I'm getting old anyway, I've had a great life, my kids are grown and on their own and my wife would be alright financially without me. My decision would be very simple.
If there was an organizer effort by the people to take a stand, I would show up with my rifle-hoping for peace but ready for war.