Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/what-would-happen-if-they-banned-ar-15-rifles-87495/)

molonlabexx 03-26-2013 09:26 PM

What would happen if "they" banned the ar 15 rifles?

Probably not likey to happen overnight but what would happen if they banned the sale and transfer of the "scary black rifles" as well as required you to turn them in? Would life go on as normal or would there be a revolution. I am curious on your inputs as I have been pondering this. Now obviously there would be protest but I'm talking about a big rebellion where we just take over. Which wouldn't be so bad cause we have to do something about this country.

WE THE PEOPLE NOT YOU THE GOVERNMENT

kryptar19 03-26-2013 09:28 PM

I'm sure if they came for our rifles they would get our bullets first!!

purehavoc 03-26-2013 09:31 PM

Not saying it cant or wont ever happen but we the people will not let this happen .
See my signature below for instructions ;)

bluez 03-26-2013 09:32 PM

Pure: Awesome sig!!!

molonlabexx 03-26-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 1191709)
Not saying it cant or wont ever happen but we the people will not let this happen .
See my signature below for instructions ;)

I love that quote every time I see it. I agree also. They are just side steeping in way to make the AWB an illusion when really they want the other stuff.

TruggieTex 03-26-2013 09:44 PM

It seems it is much easier to destroy rights than maintain them. The momentum, the thrust, the erosion is constant. Although we cannot see it, the edge if the precipice is at hand...every time gun grabbing appears. I believe a media campaign, followed by a registration requirement, followed by a grandfathered ban, followed by non reloadable ammo requirements, followed by more media support and voluntary buy back, followed by local ban expansion will set the stage for whatever ends the debate.

Smoked a brisket last weekend and that starts with a good fire in the firebox, when I opened the box to check the coals, I found a toad in the coals with rear legs burnt off. When I touched it with the poker it blinked and pulled itself out with front legs...gruesome and certainly unintended to be sure, but the old myth of boiling a frog may be true. We should be very sensitive to that effect when it comes to our firearm rights!

Sorry in advance for the imagery, but I had seen on Mythbusters where they debunked that one and took them at their word....

MattShlock 03-26-2013 10:08 PM

I suspect there would be many millions of questionably illegal AR's in the hands of Americans. Two million sold to them 2000 through 2010, and it wouldn't surprise me if the same number are sold since 2010 through this year, 2013.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AonYZs4MzlZbdE5Hb2htdzJYUk1XeFRxMkJIdEFNU Xc#gid=5

rubin51 03-26-2013 11:12 PM

The spreadsheet doesn't include all of the bare lower receivers sold or any of the 80% complete receivers that are now complete guns. My guess is that you can EASILY double, and maybe even triple, the number sold between 2000 and 2010!

Warrior1256 03-26-2013 11:16 PM

I would hope that people would rise up in mass, I wouldn't turn mine in, I'm getting old anyway, I've had a great life, my kids are grown and on their own and my wife would be alright financially without me. My decision would be very simple.

epleyjoseph 03-26-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior1256 (Post 1191869)
I would hope that people would rise up in mass, I wouldn't turn mine in, I'm getting old anyway, I've had a great life, my kids are grown and on their own and my wife would be alright financially without me. My decision would be very simple.

If there was an organizer effort by the people to take a stand, I would show up with my rifle-hoping for peace but ready for war.