What is so Special about join the NRA? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is so Special about join the NRA?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #21
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1427 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

I'm a member. But cats like Wayne LaPierre and David Keene don't share their martinis with guys like me.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #22

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Why would any gun owner attack any progun organization? You don't seemed concerned about the income of Obama and Holder and the President of the Teachers Union. These are people who hate us and their income is forced on people. I have to wonder about people who make these post.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Joining the NRA greatly supports the USPS and the logging industry.

I used to be a member but no longer support them with my money, the focus of the NRA has changed from supporting the 2A to supporting the NRA. I believe at this point if they thought they would profit from re instituting the Assault Weapons Ban that they would secretly support it, just so they can make money off us to get it revoked.
I don't believe that to be true... But like it's been said before, You're gonna have issues in any large organization such as the NRA. I still believe the main focus of the NRA remains as it always has: For the gun owner and his/her rights.. But in diplomacy, sometimes you have to make concesions to ultimately achieve your goal. There is a fine line between being known as a militant group/organization and one that can be taken seriously.

There are many many cases that have been won for the gun owner because of the NRA's direct action and the NRA-ILA's lobbying ... But Yunus, if you are not supporting the NRA, I hope at least you've gotten behind another organization cause doing nothing is the same as being complient to take it up the arss (so to speak)...

Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have been a lifetime member of the NRA for the last 9 years now. I do not regret joining as I enjoy owning and shooting firearms! It is true that the NRA can not please everyone but I will say there isn't a stronger 2nd Amendment lobbying group in Washington than the ILA branch of the NRA. Additionally, the NRA serves to expand the shooting sports in the country by designing and implementing programs to recruit and retain shooters of all ages.

"When in doubt [use] C4." -Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #25

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My issue with the NRA is this -> http://truthlover.newsvine.com/_news/2011/02/05/5995225-the-nra-no-longer-serves-its-members-but-now-serves-the-gun-manufacturers-and-the-nras-executive-vice-president-wayne-lapierre-whose-salary-package-of-1281-million-per-year-is-equivalent-to-35000-nra-membership-renewals

Old 03-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i would like the NRA to put preassure on the muntions makers to stop raising there profits now that they have got the shooters on a rope .

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I read the article. It appears to me the author is taking information and blowing it up to set an agenda against the NRA. The part about MidwayUSA's round up program was proof of that. Something to remember, whenever you buy from Midway, you are "asked" if you want to round up. The part that struck me funny was the part about high cap magazines.. Show me one gunparts retailer/wholesaler that does NOT sell high cap mags ... Better still, how many gun owners can you find that are against high cap mags??

Anyway, whether Wayne's making over a million a year or not, to me, is a non-issue. I still believe they have gun owners interests at heart.

Bottom line? Don't believe everything you read, always check the source. The fella who wrote this artical could very well be working for the enemy to paint a bad picture of the NRA to bring it down from the inside (getting members to doubt their support)...

Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #28

Why would any gun owner post this crap on a shooting forum. The Author is Al Jeezera? Good grief, they call NRA Members Thugs and Criminals. They are raving about protecting Obama and Biden. why in the Hell are Trolls allowed to post this crap? Midway USA is an enemy of all Americans?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Why would any gun owner post this crap on a shooting forum. The Author is Al Jeezera? Good grief, they call NRA Members Thugs and Criminals. They are raving about protecting Obama and Biden. why in the Hell are Trolls allowed to post this crap? Midway USA is an enemy of all Americans?
LOL.. Easy there Durango.. I saw that too and thought the same thing.. Not sure if that is accurate.. Although it seems Al Jeezera's listed as the "source", if you click on "artical" or "full artical", (can't remember exactly) it pulls to an actual journalist (appears to be american)... I may be wrong bout that. I still believe the artical is biased to the enth degree...

Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #30

Easy why? Hell man when the shots are fired at you return fire. I don't just return fire I atttack. This PC soft on your enemy attitude is designed for defeat. Buck up.

Closed Thread