What is so Special about join the NRA? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is so Special about join the NRA?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Just remember that the nra bases their support of politicians solely on gun issues which doesnt always coincide with what is best for gun ownership or america.

Example: in wisconsin the nra supported two extremely radical liberal democrats because they voted yes on ccw. Those same democrats are trying to ban ammunition sales or heavily tax them. They also support a illinoise style gun registration and id card.

They lent their support in one case over a challenger that was very active in gun rights issues and actually wrote a gun safety childrens book promoting teaching children gun safety and marksmanship. But since she didnt have a voting record they supported her anti gun opponent because he casted a throw away vote for his next election

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2837 Times on 1408 Posts
Likes Given: 294

The gun rights issue has been covered well enough.
The NRA is also a sanctioning organization for many forms of competition.
The NRA provides training & certification of firearms instructors.
With a bit of time I could go on & on.
IMHO, the American Rifleman is worth the price of admission for an annual membership.
Like any large multifaceted organization, there have been some missteps along the way. Show me me ANY large organization (not cults) that all the members agree with 100% of the time. It's my opinion that the good they have done outweighs the bad by a considerable margin.

Quote:
And a Bag That's it!
WTF? You want prizes, go to Chuck E. Cheese.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 03-29-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:18 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Aside from the above reasons to join, they offer insurance to protect your firearms and extremely low cost insurance alternatives for gun dealers that I'm taking advantage of. There are other perks, if that is important to you.

For anyone that is an FFL or has a range, I'd also encourage membership in the National Shooting Sports Foundation (www.nssf.org). They do much to protect our 2A rights along with watchdog the shooting sports industry and much more. They are every bit a force to be reckoned with in DC.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

one other thing. im not saying dont join them. just be sure you arent blindly following their "voter guide" they seldom truly have your best interest in mind when it comes to picking a politician to vote for.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #15

Likes Given: 3

I was a member a while and $$$$ issues forced me to drop my membership. I joined again and just re-upped for an additional 3 years. The NRA is battling the gun grabbers constantly and for the love of Heaven, do NOT believe these people have given up the fight to take your firearms simply because we haven't heard a lot from them for a while. They're just flying under the radar and will likely appear in full force assuming Obama wins the election. Obama has 3 Supreme Court Justices who agree with him that the U.S would be better off without the citizens having firearms for any reason. All he has to do is put two more like minded justices in there and it's a done deal; we're screwed. Do I agree with everything 100%, including the voting guide? Absolutely not but IMHO the NRA is honestly trying to do the best for all of us gun owners. You can't please all of the people all of the time but overall, the NRA is trying to help us. I'm going to take a look at these guys too: National Shooting Sports Foundation (www.nssf.org).

Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I have been in the NRA for 50 years. Certified Handgun Inst, Patron Member. We are a single issue organization. We are interested on how the leaders view or 2nd A rights. Many want us to split our forces and get involved in every fight out there. Join with us please, we are not perfect but we have with stood up for American Freedom for 130 years.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

While the NRA is not perfect, they do the right thing for gun owners MOST of the time. If you do not care for the NRA, that is fine. At least lend some support for SOME gun rights organization like GOA, JFPO, etc

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The gun rights issue has been covered well enough.
The NRA is also a sanctioning organization for many forms of competition.
The NRA provides training & certification of firearms instructors.
With a bit of time I could go on & on.
IMHO, the American Rifleman is worth the price of admission for an annual membership.
Like any large multifaceted organization, there have been some missteps along the way. Show me me ANY large organization (not cults) that all the members agree with 100% of the time. It's my opinion that the good they have done outweighs the bad by a considerable margin.

WTF? You want prizes, go to Chuck E. Cheese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPilot View Post
I was a member a while and $$$$ issues forced me to drop my membership. I joined again and just re-upped for an additional 3 years. The NRA is battling the gun grabbers constantly and for the love of Heaven, do NOT believe these people have given up the fight to take your firearms simply because we haven't heard a lot from them for a while. They're just flying under the radar and will likely appear in full force assuming Obama wins the election. Obama has 3 Supreme Court Justices who agree with him that the U.S would be better off without the citizens having firearms for any reason. All he has to do is put two more like minded justices in there and it's a done deal; we're screwed. Do I agree with everything 100%, including the voting guide? Absolutely not but IMHO the NRA is honestly trying to do the best for all of us gun owners. You can't please all of the people all of the time but overall, the NRA is trying to help us. I'm going to take a look at these guys too: National Shooting Sports Foundation (www.nssf.org).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
I have been in the NRA for 50 years. Certified Handgun Inst, Patron Member. We are a single issue organization. We are interested on how the leaders view or 2nd A rights. Many want us to split our forces and get involved in every fight out there. Join with us please, we are not perfect but we have with stood up for American Freedom for 130 years.
For all of the above reasons +1.

You can see below that I am a lifetime member. I have never regreted that decision and never will..

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #19

....and you get a sticker! lol

Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #20

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Joining the NRA greatly supports the USPS and the logging industry.

I used to be a member but no longer support them with my money, the focus of the NRA has changed from supporting the 2A to supporting the NRA. I believe at this point if they thought they would profit from re instituting the Assault Weapons Ban that they would secretly support it, just so they can make money off us to get it revoked.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Closed Thread