What is so Special about join the NRA? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is so Special about join the NRA?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Cross lines? If you are not a Southern Liberal what is the problem? I said Carter supporters and Souhern Liberals. Down South represents the Liberal protective stand for President Obama. If you agree with me? Why are you attacking my comments? Call on your neighbor "Down South".

Old 04-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Cross lines? If you are not a Southern Liberal what is the problem? I said Carter supporters and Souhern Liberals. Down South represents the Liberal protective stand for President Obama. If you agree with me? Why are you attacking my comments? Call on your neighbor "Down South".
You are making an assumption that southeners as a whole are a liberal support base.. That is simply not true and I am cautioning you to not segregate in that way. Trust me when I tell you this.. In my area, the current occupant of the big chair is NOT held in high regard. For the most part I have respected your opinion on things but don't muck it up

Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #103

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
Obama is an elected official. He is asking to rule over all the lives in the world. I have not condemed him because of his family name. I do not
accept his stand on the economy and gun control. Your concern for the Left
puts you at odds with most gun owners. That is your choice. Southern Liberals followed President Carter in the same way. Being a Westerner we tend not to be left leaning. So we do not agree on the way you fellows in the South support Obama.
I didn't say I support obama! I detess his policies. I was just showing that by your own words you will hold others to standards you are imune to. So now only elected officials can have negative comments made about them. With every sentence you type, you pigeon hole yourself into a smaller and smaller mindset.

What is your problem with the south? You seem to think we are your stepchild to be verbally beaten down. In this thread as well as others you continue to ridicule a whole region.
Attack me all you want, leave Dixie the hell alone!
Keep it up and I will unleash a tongue that can slice a throat while digging a grave. Savvy?

Last edited by downsouth; 04-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #104

Liked 2758 Times on 1796 Posts

Wow. This is getting good

Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #105

There is a regional difference across the country. No not everyone in the eastern states are liberal. That said the most antigun president in the past 30 years have been southern govs. Carter Ga., Clinton Ark., LBJ Txs. These three were elected and supported by eastern liberals. Why attack the messanger? And yes "Down South" you always defend Obama. Ramsey Clark was a very strong antigun Southern Liberal. Some one voted these people into power?

PS/ Please unleash all that verbal power you are holding. I would like to see some more of your 3rd grade dribble.

Last edited by Durangokid; 04-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #106

Hey, I just got that neat NRA shooting bag in the mail today. NRA members like me should be entitled to such perks. A shooting bag, a magazine subscription, and a sticker! What more could I ask for? It pays to be NRA.
cottontop

Old 04-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #107

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/politics/red-blue-states-summary.htm

Above is a map of the country as they voted in the last presidential election. The south is almost all red except for a few. Your beloved west looks like the peoples republic of liberals. I lived in Portland Or for 15 years, it was China lite then, I'm sure it is worse now.

As for your statement that "I always defend Obama".

I challange you to find any statement in context where I have defended obama.

Challange is, you find 1, and I'll ban myself for a week.

Find 2 and I'll ban myself for a month.

Find 3, you'll never see me post on this site again.

Conditions; moderator decides if qoate you pick is in context as me defending obama.

If you don't find three that a mod agrees with you, you ban yourself for life. All or none on this deal.

I have over 1600 post. If you are correct and I always defend Obama, your task will be easy.

So yes or no?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #108

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Folks there was something that George Washington said that fits pretty well here. In his fairwell address to the nation he cautioned the country to not get caught up in the two party system because it would bring a geographical discord to the nation. Truer words have not been spoken.

Good civil debate gets the blood flowing though, I'm feeling under the weather so that's a big help to me.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Folks there was something that George Washington said that fits pretty well here. In his fairwell address to the nation he cautioned the country to not get caught up in the two party system because it would bring a geographical discord to the nation. Truer words have not been spoken.

Good civil debate gets the blood flowing though, I'm feeling under the weather so that's a big help to me.
Jim, I enjoy civil debate. Not only do I have to reacess my thinking on an issue, I try to present it to someone who may disagree with me in a way they will atleast consider the merits of my thinking. In turn, I listen, or read the opposing comments and consider their merit. Sometimes one or both parties involved can see the light in the others thinking. Sometimes not and agree to disagree. Chainfire and I have debated many issues since I have joined the forum. I am sure I have not skewed his political view point, nor he mine. Given that dabate is pretty much our only interaction you would think we could not stand each other. On the contrary, we have found alot of common ground in our lives and do message each other on occasion.

What I will not stand idle for is someone misrepresenting my words. I say and write enough ignorant crap that would need no embellishing. I am not a liberal, I am an independant conservative. I am not an obama supporter or defender. Durangokid seems hell bent that if someone speaks outside of the gop talking points, it's "political correct liberal "this or that. I am tired of it and he can take my challange with all the bravado bs that is his way of communicating or he can shut the hell up. Either way I am tired of bantering with such a narrow mind whose ears must surely be touching. ds

Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #110

Down south your limited back ground and poor education is showing. Your use of childish quotes are well? My cousin who lives in Tenn. has
been reading your post as well. He said this AM, that fellows ancestors were
"Carpet Baggers". He would know about such things.

Closed Thread