Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What should we do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default What should we do?

Ok so my dad has been trying to get his foid card since last April I think it was He has been trying really hard to get it but here's the thing, the people that do all the foid crap claim he has some record at some place in Arizona. My dad has no clue what they are talking about. He calls up the police station in Arizona and stuff, they say he has a clean record, the people up in Illinois insist he has a record even though he does not. Now they are saying he needs to get a paper saying he has a clear record mailed to him that he needs to mail to these people in Illinois saying he has a clean record.

By the way my dads father applied for his foid card and got it in two weeks. It's ridiculous!!! My question is what do you guys think we should do? Should he just re apply and get finger printed at the police station when he reapplies if he does? Last time he did the application and let them do a background check instead of bringing the app to the police station and getting finger printed to prove he has a clean record. I really am desperate for advice!

Last edited by beastmode986; 11-28-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #2

Liked 1972 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Is his name common? It is possibly a mix up.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19961 Times on 11347 Posts
Likes Given: 50323

might be time to get an attorney involved to speed things up. might try and find one who deals with firearms related matters.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #4
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1704 Times on 943 Posts
Likes Given: 5195

Illinois is a lost state. My suggestion is to move to a state with good gun laws and vote republican.

People Like This 
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

He might be able to get a letter from authorities in the county in question in Arizona stating that he has no record there. That's about the best I can come up with. You are dealing with Ill-annoy which is like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #6

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I can't move, my dad refuses to. Plus he does not have a way to make money if he moves. If my dad reapplied could that work? Or would they say he already applied???

Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Get the Az county in question to Fax you a statement that your Dad has no record there.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #8

Liked 1119 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

I would not apply again its not going to change the status , I would have him get more info about his crime, what county it was in and get with the county sheriff of the county the supposed crime happened in AZ and have them send certified papers of a clean record directly to Springfield to whom ever is working on his FOID stuff which you will need to find out who that is .
I have a CDL / Hazmat driver here at work for me , I got a letter saying that he had been convicted of use of narcotics / intoxication while driving and his CDL had been revoked . This is a 69 yr old man thats never touched dope . LOL just a big mistake that took us several weeks to get corrected , come to find out it was a guy with the exact name that was 24 yrs old . Now how do you mix that up ? It happens .
If you do as stated as above and dont get results then I would get a attorney involved as they obviously have something wrong on his record that needs corrected that may have adverse effects in the future

Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5182 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 4399

Get a statement from Arizona. Send a copy certified mail to the gestapo. Keep the original.

If no action in 30 days, hire a lawyer and sue the lazy bastards.

Golda Meier.
7point62 Likes This