What Salon Says About Open Carry
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

What Salon Says About Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default What Salon Says About Open Carry

Our enemies at Salon have risen to new levels of stupidity with this article. I would laugh, except it's no laughing matter when our rights are concerned.

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/18/gun_activists_have_a_new_craze_and_its_more_danger ous_than_you_think/
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #2

Liked 187 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I couldnt read the whole thing it was giving me a headache. It amazes me sometimes how they put big words in there and people think theyre actual facts.

You can stick lipstick on a pig but that aint gonna make it a supermodel.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10993 Times on 4760 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Summary- I am a ditz. Therefore you may not make me feel uncomfortable.

Suggested other topics pretty well indicate the tone of this rag-

More from SalonWe Recommend

•Students find Sarah Palin’s contract in trash

•14-year-old girl films father’s sexual abuse with webcam

•I am so beautiful I have been maimed by men’s attentions

•Seth MacFarlane to Rush Limbaugh: Now I understand why conservatives hate th…

•GOP: We’ve been lying all along

•Krugman: Republicans’ “worst fears” are coming true

•How to Boil Hard-Boiled Eggs Without the Shell Sticking to the Egg | eHow (eHow)

•Life After Lasik Surgery: 15 Years After the Procedure (See For Yourself)

•4 Things You Should Never Keep In Your Phone (Asurion)

•Chuck Norris does world a favor, puts home for sale (Bankrate)

•6 Things You Didn't Know Your Tablet Could Do (Dell)

•The $2B Aircraft Carrier the Navy Paid to Disappear (Bloomberg)
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8242 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9488

I like UC couldnt get through the whole thing, I was verping on the second sentence. Leave it to a Rag called "Salon" to try to enforce a proper dress code "FOOG" (thats why I go to a barber shop). Heres the just of the article, they dont want anyone empowered except their paid PC police! Were scaring them dammit, this must end! Even the proper wearing of blue jeans, a ball cap and a pocket T could be intimidating if we dont add a splash of color or flair to soften the look.

Open carry is scary? Actually, I feel better knowing someone is ready even if Im not...
TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #5

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
I like UC couldnt get through the whole thing, I was verping on the second sentence. Leave it to a Rag called "Salon" to try to enforce a proper dress code "FOOG" (thats why I go to a barber shop). Heres the just of the article, they dont want anyone empowered except their paid PC police! Were scaring them dammit, this must end! Even the proper wearing of blue jeans, a ball cap and a pocket T could be intimidating if we dont add a splash of color or flair to soften the look.

Open carry is scary? Actually, I feel better knowing someone is ready even if Im not...
Well. I probably shouldn't read this article while my truck warms up as I sit here in my blue jeans, cowboy boots, ball cap without stickers, and gray pocket t shirt which holds my camel cigarettes. O yeah, I almost forgot about my smith and wesson. I bet the bubbleheads at salon hate me
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
Well. I probably shouldn't read this article while my truck warms up as I sit here in my blue jeans, cowboy boots, ball cap without stickers, and gray pocket t shirt which holds my camel cigarettes. O yeah, I almost forgot about my smith and wesson. I bet the bubbleheads at salon hate me
Ha, Dude, the Marlboro Man was banned a long time ago! FYI, My wife tried to save us a few bucks a month ago by changing out a pair of my broken in 301 Levi's with some Wrangler lightweights. Not for nothing, the 301's have been working for about 35 years, why stop now? Ive worn them twice (Ran out of working grade Levis , (I think she did that purposely).

Short story, in 75, Rural NY, My best friend had gotten pounded on by our Social Studies Teacher (World class *******). He got to the payphone and called his mom. She went out in the woods and grabbed his Dad who was hunting and they both came storming into the school, Reid was in his camo overalls and had his loaded 45 revolver in his holster on his side.

We saw them coming down the hall, turn into the Principles office and then we heard a door slam. About 1 minute later, Social Studies teacher gets called to the office on the loudspeaker system. Then the yelling starts and as Nona described it later, she smacked the teacher a couple times (She was a tough Woman) and told him the next time he touched their son would be his last! They turned around and walked out the office door, grabbed George and took him home!

No police were ever called, Reid never put his hand near his gun and they never insinuated anything but Nona then Reid would take turns beating the POS if he ever touched George again. Funny thing was, he never laid a finger on one of us from that day forward!

Today, that same scenario would have made headlines across the globe, Reid would be in a coffin and the POTUS would be referencing him as the scourge he's trying to eliminate...
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

Ha, Dude, the Marlboro Man was banned a long time ago! FYI, My wife tried to save us a few bucks a month ago by changing out a pair of my broken in 301 Levi's with some Wrangler lightweights. Not for nothing, the 301's have been working for about 35 years, why stop now? Ive worn them twice (Ran out of working grade Levis , (I think she did that purposely).
Stick with the Wranglers, Levi is big time anti-gun.
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
I couldnt read the whole thing it was giving me a headache. It amazes me sometimes how they put big words in there and people think theyre actual facts.

You can stick lipstick on a pig but that aint gonna make it a supermodel.
I hear you. I felt like my IQ dropped 10 points after reading it.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:55 AM   #9

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I think guys wearing skinny jeans is disturbing. Where do I complain about that?

Old 12-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Stick with the Wranglers, Levi is big time anti-gun.
I hear ya on that, only thing is, my body has been in the 301's so long its molded to fit only them! I will try others but I am a critter of habit when it comes to jeans...