What is the point of owning an AR-15? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

What is the point of owning an AR-15?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post

Ha ha ha! Me too! Bought my first AR off the shelf. Doing my first build right now so I'll have a second one. I grew up building with Legos. Building my own guns is the logical next step.
Next thing, they will limit or deny the purchase of Lego blocks. Would not surprise me in this day and age. May someday have to submit plans and get Lego designs approved and then later inspected before our kids can play with them.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #62

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

The united nations treaties in place, and several waiting in the wings, do not allow military arms to be owned by the citizens.

That is ultimately what this current gun grab is all about.

Well DC, I did not grow up saluting the flag of the united nations, and at 56, it is a bit late to start now. DC, how about you roll up that UN flag on the poll and stick it up your A%%!

My heritage in this country did not fight and die fir every square inch of this land, for you buffoons in DC to turn it all over to the David Rockerfilar types and turn me into a subject of a world power outside my US Constituition.

How about you guys in DC announce a date to come get all our ARs and darrangers, and shotguns, and 22's, and axe handles and we will have them ready for you! !!!!

Last edited by AR10; 02-20-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #63

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
It's hard enough just to get them to clean themselves
HaHa I know! Just spent 3 hours fully stripping my Nagant down and cleaning every POC.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
The second amendment did my have a banned gun list on it. the truth is you can do the same damage with many other platforms, they all have the same capabilities. The AR/M16/M4 platform is just the most reliable. I live in Comifornia, where they are proposing to confiscate 168,000 ARs. All I got to say is........
Yeah that's really what it is. Once they take the guns on Cali, the Chinese will invade and set up bases there. I hope all the best for you guys in Cali. But you gotta get the heck out of dodge. Diane-gun grabber nut-Feinstein is going to grown horns and try to take them. W won't let that happen to any other state. IMHO, California WILL ban them soon.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The united nations treaties in place, and several waiting in the wings, do not allow military arms to be owned by the citizens.

That is ultimately what this current gun grab is all about.

Well DC, I did not grow up saluting the flag of the united nations, and at 56, it is a bit late to start now. DC, how about you roll up that UN flag on the poll and stick it up your A%%!

My heritage in this country did not fight and die fir every square inch of this land, for you buffoons in DC to turn it all over to the David Rockerfilar types and turn me into a subject of a world power outside my US Constituition.

How about you guys in DC announce a date to come get all our ARs and darrangers, and shotguns, and 22's, and axe handles and we will have them ready for you! !!!!
They can have the lead first.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8197 Times on 4479 Posts
Likes Given: 7976

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
!

My heritage in this country did not fight and die fir every square inch of this land, for you buffoons in DC to turn it all over to the David Rockerfilar types and turn me into a subject of a worldpower outside my US Constituition.
!

Is David Rockefeller a Bilderburger, an Illuminati, a Jew, or a free Mason???? ( or all of the above?) I keep forgetting.

And here I thought he was just a banker! Silly me!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Is David Rockefeller a Bilderburger, an Illuminati, a Jew, or a free Mason???? ( or all of the above?) I keep forgetting.

And here I thought he was just a banker! Silly me!
Evil......

Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8197 Times on 4479 Posts
Likes Given: 7976

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Evil......
Please elaborate.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #69
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Most of the AR series sporting rifles have short barrels, adjustable stocks and minimal recoil. They are easier to control than a pistol and easier to train on. With proper loads it is probably one of the best home defense weapons available. Being adjustable it will fit almost any stature and the low recoil makes easy on recoil sensitive people. The 55 grain standard military load actually has less penetration through walls than a 9mm at close range. My wife has a S&W 15-22 and loves it. It has exactly the same ergonomics and functions as an AR. She can pick up the AR and be proficient with it. It would just be heavier with a little more recoil and she can handle it. She has less chance of missing with the AR even though she does pretty well with her 9mm.
JimRau Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #70

Liked 1320 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

I have AR platform weapons for several reasons.
(1) Because I can!
(2) It's a great hunting rifle for varmints/feral hogs/deer.
(3) They are simple to build/take down/clean.
(4) You can shoot multiple calibers with the same platform-just swap uppers/magazine's with certain calibers.
Those are my fun reasons to own an AR15/AR10 platform rifle.

The real reason I have these weapons and high capacity magazines-
So I can defend myself,my property,my family,my friends from a government that is trying to rule what I do or have the ability to do as a law abiding adult citizen of the United States of America.
If these asshat's in D.C. think they can take my rights away from what the original Bill of Rights/Constitution give every law abiding citizen,then they are declaring war on me,and I will fight everyone that tries to take those rights.