Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is the point of owning an AR-15?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
JAD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 311 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
I like using mine for coyote control, and plinking. But it best purpose is to help defend this country from emenies, both domestic and foreign.
Plinking is very fun. Especially with a ruger 10/22. The thing I don't understand is what is wrong with people. All of our fore fathers that wrote the constitution have said that if the government takes the guns, it will get ugly fast. Do the sheeple not realize this? Why do they continue to ignore the facts. Hitler took the guns, Stalin took the guns and Mao took the guns. CNN just dumbs down all the idiots who watch it and turns them into government loving, brainless watermelons.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 02-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 828 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 326

Short answer: Why not?

Less short answer: Because my M1a cannot get All the attention!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

molonlabexx Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Why should I own a lot of things? Why must I justify anything that doesn't infringe on others rights?

It maybe a surprise but my ar-15 has never gone on a rampage. It lives in a stable and loving household.

To anyone that expects you to justify owning one, most arguments will fall flat because they are OK with government intrusion in their lives.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5806 Times on 3170 Posts
Likes Given: 10990

WE SHOULD SAY: "Your claim that 'they're only for killing people' is imprecise. A gas chamber or electric chair is designed for killing people, and these devices obviously serve different functions than guns. To be precise, a high capacity military-type rifle or handgun is designed for CONFLICT. When I need to protect myself and my freedom, I want the most reliable, most durable, highest capacity weapon possible. The only thing hunting and target shooting have to do with freedom is that they're good practice."
Check out John Ross "give it to them straight" This guy could talk the pope into carrying.

No offense and none taken

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 220

We don't need one, I choose to have 5 of them.

A little something called the Second Amendment.

December 15, 1791

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The pope resigned so he could move to Texas.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyman328 View Post
Why should I own a lot of things? Why must I justify anything that doesn't infringe on others rights?

It maybe a surprise but my ar-15 has never gone on a rampage. It lives in a stable and loving household.

To anyone that expects you to justify owning one, most arguments will fall flat because they are OK with government intrusion in their lives.
Very good points Muzzy! It's none of your business why I own what I own. This society is sick. Why do you have more than 2 pairs of shoes?

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
We don't need one, I choose to have 5 of them.

A little something called the Second Amendment.

December 15, 1791

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I hate all these CNN people that say "So your solution is to arm everyone in America with an AR-15?"

Well it's not that we need them, it's that we can buy them if we want. Like you said, you CHOOSE to have them. Have you ever done anything illegal with them? Probably not. So why don't they leave us the hell alone...

Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #20

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

I have no use for Full Auto. If you want one I think you should be able to own one. But semi is fine for me. As for why...take a look at SYria. Those people are having a tough time and they have semi auto as well as auto. Our idiot Vice President thinks all we need is a double barrel shotgun. Imagine if 50years from now our children were in a situation like Syria. How would that be if they had to go up against full auto fire with a two shot shotgun? The second amendment is not about hunting. It is not about self defense either. It is about have to defend ourselves from a dictatorship! That is not the job of a side by side 12 gauge!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This