What is the point of owning an AR-15?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is the point of owning an AR-15?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default What is the point of owning an AR-15?

PLEASE NOTE: I AM PRO AR-15 AND PRO GUN. I want some reasons, good, why we need AR-15's. I can think of a few with the LA riots and the Korean merchants. I wanted to get a thread here and see your thoughts on why we need them.

__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,253
Liked 6595 Times on 3674 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

Default

Because an M16 is illegal!

locutus is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Because I can and that is all the reason I need

__________________
opaww is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Because an M16 is illegal!
True! Today I was speaking with someone and they think that automatics are legal. Now I am going to put this out there: should we be able to own automatic weapons? I think no unless there are EXTREME background and physiological checks. I see nothing wrong at all with semi-autos.
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,253
Liked 6595 Times on 3674 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
True! Today I was speaking with someone and they think that automatics are legal. Now I am going to put this out there: should we be able to own automatic weapons? I think no unless there are EXTREME background and physiological checks. I see nothing wrong at all with semi-autos.
I see nothing wrong with full autos.
locutus is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,044
Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Default

Because it is the firearm platform that 95% of all veterans know how to operate...if you get my drift

__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

DFlynt is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I see nothing wrong with full autos.
That does get me thinking that we actually need them to match our military. I can see your point. I have never fired a full auto so I can not really put input in but I have seen them fired and they look very nice!
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5006 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Because it is the firearm platform that 95% of all veterans know how to operate...if you get my drift
...and should they ever be needed for there true intent, they're chambered for the same round our Goobermint would be slinging in our direction...easy resupply...

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 975
Liked 367 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
...and should they ever be needed for there true intent, they're chambered for the same round our Goobermint would be slinging in our direction...easy resupply...

Tack
Amen to that!
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
towboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewares,Ky
Posts: 3,587
Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Default

I like using mine for coyote control, and plinking. But it best purpose is to help defend this country from emenies, both domestic and foreign.

__________________
towboater is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts on single point vs multi point sling 06ranger AR-15 Discussion 54 02-14-2013 05:12 PM
When Drawing a Gun is Like Owning a Gun Jeepergeo Legal and Activism 26 03-01-2012 06:18 AM
Owning an AR-15 in IL SmokyMtnHiker Legal and Activism 8 01-30-2012 01:56 PM
Gun owning law espplayer7 Legal and Activism 2 12-04-2010 09:50 PM