Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   What is the point of owning an AR-15? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/what-point-owning-ar-15-a-84627/)

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 10:03 PM

What is the point of owning an AR-15?
 
PLEASE NOTE: I AM PRO AR-15 AND PRO GUN. I want some reasons, good, why we need AR-15's. I can think of a few with the LA riots and the Korean merchants. I wanted to get a thread here and see your thoughts on why we need them.

locutus 02-19-2013 10:06 PM

Because an M16 is illegal!;)

opaww 02-19-2013 10:07 PM

Because I can and that is all the reason I need

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1144668)
Because an M16 is illegal!;)

:D True! Today I was speaking with someone and they think that automatics are legal. Now I am going to put this out there: should we be able to own automatic weapons? I think no unless there are EXTREME background and physiological checks. I see nothing wrong at all with semi-autos.

locutus 02-19-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molonlabexx (Post 1144674)
:D True! Today I was speaking with someone and they think that automatics are legal. Now I am going to put this out there: should we be able to own automatic weapons? I think no unless there are EXTREME background and physiological checks. I see nothing wrong at all with semi-autos.

I see nothing wrong with full autos.

DFlynt 02-19-2013 10:14 PM

Because it is the firearm platform that 95% of all veterans know how to operate...if you get my drift :D

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1144676)
I see nothing wrong with full autos.

That does get me thinking that we actually need them to match our military. I can see your point. I have never fired a full auto so I can not really put input in but I have seen them fired and they look very nice!

Tackleberry1 02-19-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFlynt (Post 1144679)
Because it is the firearm platform that 95% of all veterans know how to operate...if you get my drift :D

...and should they ever be needed for there true intent, they're chambered for the same round our Goobermint would be slinging in our direction...easy resupply... ;)

Tack

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 1144689)
...and should they ever be needed for there true intent, they're chambered for the same round our Goobermint would be slinging in our direction...easy resupply... ;)

Tack

Amen to that! :)

towboater 02-19-2013 10:26 PM

I like using mine for coyote control, and plinking. But it best purpose is to help defend this country from emenies, both domestic and foreign.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.