What new gun controls are proposed at this date 12-23-2012 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

What new gun controls are proposed at this date 12-23-2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

I thought we had a representative republic

Old 12-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
Vikingdad; where can I go to view these proposals as written by the person that is proposing these changes.
Go to their websites below, courtesy of Dog2000tj. Keep in mind that they will not disclose everything in their proposals, certainly not the things we would protest about the most loudly. Be patient. In the meantime keep aware of the conversation. It will help you to better be able to debate the subject as it is evolving.

Did Dog answer well enough for you Rat? (Thanks for providing the links Dog!)

As I originally said, nothing has been introduced yet. Feinstein said she will introduce it next session so you have to look at her website. If and when she introduces it you can follow it from there here- http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm

Obama cannot introduce anything. It would be up to him to sign any bill placed on his desk, but he has absolutely no active role in hashing out the details, other than being able to apply the pressure of his office (which is a considerable amount.).

Everything will stay in Washington, in the hands of our elected representatives. You only get a chance to vote on state issues and even then its isn't everything that you can vote on. Oh, that and we vote for some of our representatives next cycle, but by then it would be too late for anything that is introduced next year.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2513 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 577

Teh only input you get is to contact your local representatives and tell them what you think is acceptable and what you think is not acceptable. They still are teh ones who get to vote on it on their respective floor of congress.
People Like This 
Old 12-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Teh only input you get is to contact your local representatives and tell them what you think is acceptable and what you think is not acceptable. They still are teh ones who get to vote on it on their respective floor of congress.
I failed to mention that. Mainly due to the fact that my reps in the Senate are Feinstein and Boxer.

They no longer return my calls/emails.
dog2000tj Likes This