Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What new gun controls are proposed at this date 12-23-2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Question What new gun controls are proposed at this date 12-23-2012

[SIZE="2"]I would like to know, exactly what gun controls are proposed as of this date, 12-23-2012? I would like to see links to back up this information. I see a lot of stuff posted on this web site but no references. Even more so on other sites. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I think some of us are pushing the panic button before the fire has started. I agree it is best to be prepared.[/SIZE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7334 Times on 4252 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

None to date. And where have you seen here that there has been? Nothing will be introduced for discussion until Congress reconvenes next year.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #3

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
[SIZE="2"]I would like to know, exactly what gun controls are proposed as of this date, 12-23-2012? I would like to see links to back up this information. I see a lot of stuff posted on this web site but no references. Even more so on other sites. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I think some of us are pushing the panic button before the fire has started. I agree it is best to be prepared.[/SIZE
Proposed by whom? Sen. Dianne Feinstein has already announced her intentions of introducing a renewal of the 1994 Clinton Ban, the Governor of New York is talking about an outright ban on all "assault weapons" to possibly include confiscation, Holder is talking about possible Executive Orders regarding semi-automatic firearms, etc. You want links Google any of the things I just listed...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 119 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
None to date. And where have you seen here that there has been? Nothing will be introduced for discussion until Congress reconvenes next year.

Vikingdad; where can I go to view these proposals as written by the person that is proposing these changes.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #5

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
Vikingdad; where can I go to view these proposals as written by the person that is proposing these changes.
here you go ... right from the horses mouths -

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/12/19/message-president-obama-about-your-petition-reducing-gun-violence

http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/12142012-sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #6

Liked 178 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 124

None that I will comply with.

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/government/us_constitution/gun_control/news.php?q=1237163642

Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I honestly believe we are putting the cart beofre the horse. Even if something is started at the first of the year, it will be several months before it comes to us. I also believe any gun law will come to the people to vote on. It has happened too many times in the past that anything regarding federal law goes to the citizens for a vote. So, how long do you think it will take before anything is set in stone? I guarantee you I won't be holding my breath.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 595 Times on 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
I honestly believe we are putting the cart beofre the horse. Even if something is started at the first of the year, it will be several months before it comes to us. I also believe any gun law will come to the people to vote on. It has happened too many times in the past that anything regarding federal law goes to the citizens for a vote. So, how long do you think it will take before anything is set in stone? I guarantee you I won't be holding my breath.
I'm a little lost, other than senators, congressman and the president what other federal things have you voted on?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
I'd love some relevant examples of this.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #10

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Anything regarding federal law goes to the citizens for a vote? What country do you live in?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This