What is going on? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is going on?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
No conspiracy needed. The media has been highlighting these killing and making a big deal of them. Blowing it out of proportion is not an understatement.

Other mentally ill individuals are watching the news and thinking "Yeah, I'll do that. It got the other guy famous."

It's one thing to report the news, it's another to overblow some of these tragedies. Report the facts, but don't write primers for future mass murderers.

Not a conspiracy, just irresponsibility.
CrazedJava I will have to stand with Penn Gillette on this one. You have to show some evidence that the mentally ill should be stigmatized. All of them should not be all classed, as wanting to commit atrocities so as to become famous like "the other guy".

You are right on about the MEDIA!

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

I think it has something to do with the state of this country/sign of the times...it seems as if no one cares for anyone...no morals...nothing. Nothing, except hate and misery abounds everywhere. Sorry to sound like a downer on this, but that's my take on things.

Oh yeah, and one more thing...the liberal media sucks!!

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

What's going on is the liberal media is reporting any kind of gun incident they can so they can further their agenda of total population disarmament.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #14
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank
Ditto, the majority of these cases involve people who could not legally own a firearm and the shootings took place in areas where firearms were totally restricted, i.e. "Gun Free Zones" and only goes to make OUR case stronger as to why law abiding citizens should have the Right to carry and why Gun Free Zones should be done away with.
I strongly advocate armed teachers, many people think that's crazy but once these people get into schools there is only one way to stop them,for those who disagree with me I'm sorry I just don't want children to be hurt.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #15

Liked 516 Times on 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

I strongly advocate armed teachers, many people think that's crazy but once these people get into schools there is only one way to stop them,for those who disagree with me I'm sorry I just don't want children to be hurt.
Armed teachers is not a good idea. They are there to teach not be guards. Lets not forget that they are not trained in the protection aspect. I happen to like the idea of putting our guys and girls exiting the military in the schools. Give them a psyc eval, train them for their new jobs, and hope and pray they aren't ever really needed.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter

Armed teachers is not a good idea. They are there to teach not be guards. Lets not forget that they are not trained in the protection aspect. I happen to like the idea of putting our guys and girls exiting the military in the schools. Give them a psyc eval, train them for their new jobs, and hope and pray they aren't ever really needed.
If teachers already carry concealed and are willing to carry at school, I think it should be allowed. If ex-military go to college to be a teacher to teach then yes that's great, but not just anyone can be a teacher. It actually is an art form and the kids getting a top notch education is important. I think hiring ex military to work as armed security at schools would be a strong deterrent to idiots coming in. Put one or two in each building. It would help employ troops when they come home and teach kids to take pride in our country.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #17
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:

It seems much easier than it is, what if the shooter kills the guard, they can then proceed to go into different rooms, where as if when the first shot is fired every teacher can have there kids hide in the corner and then aim the gun at the door in case the shooter comes into their room, I also like the idea of someone having to be allowed in by the school for the door to be unlocked.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #18

Liked 516 Times on 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

If teachers already carry concealed and are willing to carry at school, I think it should be allowed. If ex-military go to college to be a teacher to teach then yes that's great, but not just anyone can be a teacher. It actually is an art form and the kids getting a top notch education is important. I think hiring ex military to work as armed security at schools would be a strong deterrent to idiots coming in. Put one or two in each building. It would help employ troops when they come home and teach kids to take pride in our country.
I wasn't saying for the ex military to be the teachers, but rather the deterrent.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:

I wasn't saying for the ex military to be the teachers, but rather the deterrent.
Gotcha. I completely agree.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Do schools, these days, have metal detectors at the main doors, and are all other ways into the schools secured, (I don't mean locked, that would not be good in a fire), during the time the school is occupied?

How could you protect kids that are bunching up in front of school waiting to get in, or waiting to get on the bus. How would armed teachers be able to contend with a shooter who would choose to attack lined up students "Iraqi-style" as accessible "soft targets" outside the school?

I am in favor of "a good guy with a gun" in the school, and I don't know what else to do, but what would the logistics have to be; How many armed "good guys" would there be? How would you connect them with communications so they could rapidly respond to a situation?

Will they be under procedural control, or free lancers? Will they be require to pass scheduled weapons qualification.? Weapons retention?(there are troubled youth that could become threats) Are the weapons secured in the school when it is closed, or do they go home with the "Good guys" and for accountability to concerned parents, will the administrator know exactly how many guns are in his school when students are present.

I say again, I am not against this idea, but it will need to be thought out some more than just teachers "going packed" Building design, pedestrian traffic flow patterns in and out, bullet proof windows. Not all schools could implement plans like this.

There should be a way to recognize an armed threat,(metal detector?) and the through structural design,(an atrium that could be locked-down) to contain the threat individual away from the students until law enforcement comes, or the cretin shoots himself

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."