Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What is going on?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 288

Default What is going on?

Kids, and now four fire fighters are ambushed in NY. What the hell is happening to our country?

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

we have always had shootings like this the difference now the media is trying to help our government disarm us and is making a big deal about every single shooting that happens.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
we have always had shootings like this the difference now the media is trying to help our government disarm us and is making a big deal about every single shooting that happens.
^^^ this ^^^
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Dos this not remind us of rise of another tin horn dictator in the 1930's that used his controlled media to help him achieve his objectives. Once he had the "gun problem" taken care off he was on his way.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I think the Media in this country is our greatest problem. If they wouldn't sensationalize these tragedies with their round-the-clock news coverage, inaccurate reporting and over-the-top headlines (ie, "Worst Shooting in US History"), people wouldn't strive to be the next big thing in the media. They're essentially challenging these sick-o's to a pissing contest.

And everyone knows that the media is horribly biased to the left or at least to their own ratings (I don't care what network you're talking about, I think they're all bad for us) so the Anti-Gunners are eating up the extra news coverage.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Anti-Gun community didn't launch some of these kinds of attacks themselves to prove a point. Ever seen "The Life of David Gale"? Yeah. It's a movie, but a damn fine plot and I wouldn't put it past the idiot Lefty extremists to "sacrifice" one of their own to make a point about the danger of guns.

Guess that makes me the nut, doesn't it?

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

These nutcase shooters are providing excuses every day that may be used to take our rights away. The shooter was a convicted felon who was out of prison after serving a 17-year sentence for killing his grandmother. He couldn't legally own a gun and he's a danged good argument for the Death Penalty.

BTW, Google images for that weirdo: William Spengler. He's a really good example of who NOT to sell a gun to in a private sale. That's for sure! Every one of these shooters looks like a freak.

My Motto: Vanquish Fear & Panic!
---------------------------------
My blog: GunGator's Gun Blog

Old 12-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #7

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Ditto, the majority of these cases involve people who could not legally own a firearm and the shootings took place in areas where firearms were totally restricted, i.e. "Gun Free Zones" and only goes to make OUR case stronger as to why law abiding citizens should have the Right to carry and why Gun Free Zones should be done away with.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #8

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius10721 View Post
I don't dispute the medias intentions. However, these mass shootings have been worse this year than other years.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1706 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 341

I don't think the anti-gun folks are motivated by delight at taking away our second amendment rights as is too often how they are characterized, these folks are just plain afraid, don't believe they can defend themselves and depend on government agencies to provide them timely security. The real issue I have isn't personal, I just think they are wrong. Cops where I live have a response time to my neighborhood averaging 9 to 10 minutes. Enough said.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #10

Liked 361 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Anti-Gun community didn't launch some of these kinds of attacks themselves to prove a point. Ever seen "The Life of David Gale"? Yeah. It's a movie, but a damn fine plot and I wouldn't put it past the idiot Lefty extremists to "sacrifice" one of their own to make a point about the danger of guns.

Guess that makes me the nut, doesn't it?
No conspiracy needed. The media has been highlighting these killing and making a big deal of them. Blowing it out of proportion is not an understatement.

Other mentally ill individuals are watching the news and thinking "Yeah, I'll do that. It got the other guy famous."

It's one thing to report the news, it's another to overblow some of these tragedies. Report the facts, but don't write primers for future mass murderers.

Not a conspiracy, just irresponsibility.