Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   What is going on? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/what-going-79307/)

HM2Grunt 12-24-2012 06:31 PM

What is going on?

Kids, and now four fire fighters are ambushed in NY. What the hell is happening to our country?

tiberius10721 12-24-2012 06:35 PM

we have always had shootings like this the difference now the media is trying to help our government disarm us and is making a big deal about every single shooting that happens.

heymatthew 12-24-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberius10721 (Post 1064534)
we have always had shootings like this the difference now the media is trying to help our government disarm us and is making a big deal about every single shooting that happens.

^^^ this ^^^

redscho 12-24-2012 06:55 PM

Dos this not remind us of rise of another tin horn dictator in the 1930's that used his controlled media to help him achieve his objectives. Once he had the "gun problem" taken care off he was on his way.

heymatthew 12-24-2012 07:01 PM

I think the Media in this country is our greatest problem. If they wouldn't sensationalize these tragedies with their round-the-clock news coverage, inaccurate reporting and over-the-top headlines (ie, "Worst Shooting in US History"), people wouldn't strive to be the next big thing in the media. They're essentially challenging these sick-o's to a pissing contest.

And everyone knows that the media is horribly biased to the left or at least to their own ratings (I don't care what network you're talking about, I think they're all bad for us) so the Anti-Gunners are eating up the extra news coverage.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Anti-Gun community didn't launch some of these kinds of attacks themselves to prove a point. Ever seen "The Life of David Gale"? Yeah. It's a movie, but a damn fine plot and I wouldn't put it past the idiot Lefty extremists to "sacrifice" one of their own to make a point about the danger of guns.

Guess that makes me the nut, doesn't it?

GatorDude 12-25-2012 01:47 PM

These nutcase shooters are providing excuses every day that may be used to take our rights away. The shooter was a convicted felon who was out of prison after serving a 17-year sentence for killing his grandmother. He couldn't legally own a gun and he's a danged good argument for the Death Penalty.

BTW, Google images for that weirdo: William Spengler. He's a really good example of who NOT to sell a gun to in a private sale. That's for sure! Every one of these shooters looks like a freak.

TNFrank 12-25-2012 01:58 PM

Ditto, the majority of these cases involve people who could not legally own a firearm and the shootings took place in areas where firearms were totally restricted, i.e. "Gun Free Zones" and only goes to make OUR case stronger as to why law abiding citizens should have the Right to carry and why Gun Free Zones should be done away with.

Sonic82 12-25-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberius10721 (Post 1064534)

I don't dispute the medias intentions. However, these mass shootings have been worse this year than other years.

chloeshooter 12-25-2012 03:36 PM

I don't think the anti-gun folks are motivated by delight at taking away our second amendment rights as is too often how they are characterized, these folks are just plain afraid, don't believe they can defend themselves and depend on government agencies to provide them timely security. The real issue I have isn't personal, I just think they are wrong. Cops where I live have a response time to my neighborhood averaging 9 to 10 minutes. Enough said.

CrazedJava 12-26-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heymatthew (Post 1064559)
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Anti-Gun community didn't launch some of these kinds of attacks themselves to prove a point. Ever seen "The Life of David Gale"? Yeah. It's a movie, but a damn fine plot and I wouldn't put it past the idiot Lefty extremists to "sacrifice" one of their own to make a point about the danger of guns.

Guess that makes me the nut, doesn't it?

No conspiracy needed. The media has been highlighting these killing and making a big deal of them. Blowing it out of proportion is not an understatement.

Other mentally ill individuals are watching the news and thinking "Yeah, I'll do that. It got the other guy famous."

It's one thing to report the news, it's another to overblow some of these tragedies. Report the facts, but don't write primers for future mass murderers.

Not a conspiracy, just irresponsibility.