Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Feinstein’s Failed to Tell You – Every Gun With a Grip is BANNED!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

They have introduced a big scary monster of a gun-ban bill that they know will never pass as-is because their real objective is to get a half or a third of it passed. That way they win but we think we've won. And by just getting a portion of it passed, they build a solid platform for further gun ban legislation that they can push after the next heinous mass shooting which is, of course, inevitable.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62
They have introduced a big scary monster of a gun-ban bill that they know will never pass as-is because their real objective is to get a half or a third of it passed. That way they win but we think we've won. And by just getting a portion of it passed, they build a solid platform for further gun ban legislation that they can push after the next heinous mass shooting which is, of course, inevitable.
My point exactly. This is nothing to worry about because she knows it won't pass. I'm sure Biden told her to make an outrageous bill that won't pass so he someone else can introduce a bill with part of her bill that has a better chance.

No means no. WILL NOT BE INFRINGED ANYMORE.

Molen Labe

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #23

Liked 1121 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
This is from ammoland, stop worrying about what weapon is on the ban list and read this bloody bill. Read between the lines, this is a push for entire weapons ban.

Too much to mention, read ammoland link, your head will spin!

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/every-gun-with-a-grip-is-banned/#axzz2JXEGZvmv

http://www.weapon-blog.com/2013/01/what-feinsteins-failed-to-tell-you/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122199090/S-150

‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

The problem on page 13:
All semi-autos are outlawed, not just some.

Pro-rights and anti-rights attention has been focused on the tremendous list of guns that would be banned under Feinstein’s bill, which takes up a significant portion of the 122 pages of this proposal.

Here’s the problem none of the “news” reports have spotted:
•The list of guns doesn’t matter.
•Magazine size doesn’t matter.
•If the semi-auto firearm has anything to grip it by, it is banned.
•It’s very clever actually.

According to the bill, any semiautomatic firearm that uses a magazine — handgun, rifle or shotgun — equipped with a “pistol grip,” would be banned. That sounds like a limitation, but it is not.

A pistol grip (on page 2) is defined (on page 13) as “a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.” In other words, the gun list does not matter. It is a smokescreen designed to distract people from the true meaning of the bill. And it has done a magnificent job. It worked!

Any semi-automatic firearm that exists, with anything on it you can grip, is banned. (There is a grandfather clause for old stuff.)

The list is meaningless tripe. It is camouflage for the real purpose of the bill. When the president said he is not going to take away your guns, well, Feinstein’s bill puts the lie to that.

Magazine size does not matter. Brand name does not matter. It doesn’t matter if it’s black. If you can grip it, it’s banned under this bill.
So, how many people, in the House, are going to vote on Feinstein's wish list?
It is political posturing, not law. Even Diane knows this stuff will not pass, but she is becoming a hero with her voters anyway. Just normal politics.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
So, how many people, in the House, are going to vote on Feinstein's wish list?
It is political posturing, not law. Even Diane knows this stuff will not pass, but she is becoming a hero with her voters anyway. Just normal politics.
How can a Lady who's representatives can't answer the most basic questions about a bill be a hero? If I lived in CA I would not let her carry a bucket of water much less be a Senator. I called my Senator who was confused about these issues such as a grip and the police are not responsible for my safety. She asked me to call Senator Feinstein with my questions. After all she wrote the bill and should have the answers. Kay Hagan says she intends to ask the senator about these issues so she can inform us folks here in NC.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato