Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What Does The Second Amendment Mean To You?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #11
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 624 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

What does the second mean to me? It's the written form of my God given right to own the military arms necessary for me to defend my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, against anyone who would deny me my right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
To me it means there is a power balance (at least an attempt at one) between the people and their government. Other than the voting booth. It doesn't say anything about our right to self-defense, per Se. It doesn't have to, that's a natural law for most of us.
Agree with the natural law part...what them in are in charge fail to remember is that THE PEOPLE are the government...how the founders meant it to be...The Constitution is not the peoples rights...but the limits of those in charge (at the moment). Without the 2nd , you could just throw out the rest of the Bill of Rights...If the Founding Fathers lost the revolution, they would have been hung as traitors...they are legitimatizing their actions (of which we all agree, were correct) and letting us know that if it needs to happen again, it's up to us...

Last edited by hudsonvalley; 02-26-2013 at 02:32 PM.