what do you think about the NRA? - Page 28
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what do you think about the NRA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I have no idea how the hell the rest of you are getting the junk mail.

Junk paper mail? Drop it in the can and stop whining.

My membership is a gift from step dad, I've mentioned this many times. If the only benefit I every get is just the magazine, I'm happy with that.
You have no clue how much junk mail they send, it really is pain in the ass, and now for the past 2 weeks they've decided to start calling every damn day. It may be the difference in yours being gift membership and us signing up our selves, might be why you've been spared the junk. Haven't had a problem with excessive e-mail.

Being able to opt-out of the mail and phone calls I'll probably go ahead renew my membership.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #272

I've been a member for about 3 years now. The magazines are good so the cost of membership is worth that. I don't know how much good the are actually doing but with the emails they send the do a great job of keeping me informed of all issues coming up nationaly and also on the state level. When Tennesse was changing some laws about where you can carry everytime there was a vote or a change i was notified. I do like that about them.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 12-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #273

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightExpress

You have no clue how much junk mail they send, it really is pain in the ass, and now for the past 2 weeks they've decided to start calling every damn day. It may be the difference in yours being gift membership and us signing up our selves, might be why you've been spared the junk. Haven't had a problem with excessive e-mail.

Being able to opt-out of the mail and phone calls I'll probably go ahead renew my membership.
Maybe it is the gift membership. In that case, I'm thankful for it. Still, I do get lots of junk mail from else where. I just drop it in the can and move on to the comics.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:46 AM   #274

Liked 2482 Times on 1420 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilage66 View Post
Thank you for your commitment to our Republic.

You forgot JPFO.
Absolutely. the JFPO is a fine organization. One of the best.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #275

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryNiven View Post
That's my issue. It's the same reason I no longer give to the CCF (Christian Children's Fund.) I cannot stand the f'ing junk mail. I can't even imagine the junk mail the NRA must produce.

Even if you do find the number to stop it, I'm betting that you mysteriously get opted in after some time and have to opt out again. I'd pay twice the yearly dues if they would really just send me 1 (one!) renewal mail after 11 months and absolutely positively nothing else.
Maybe you need to find a buddy who got a $300.00 Life Member deal and spend the cash to become one. I'm a Life and Endowment member, called them to request that I not be sent the junk mail, and have gone through better than 4 years without getting a shred of it.

How much trouble is it to trash junk mail? Buy a shredder, if it looks important, read the stuff, if not, cut it into little tiny pieces, and recycle.

What a bogus reason to bitch!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #276

I love them. Had it not been for the NRA, those here would not have owned the guns they do. Some complain about the money issues but it takes money to lobby and go to court to help keep our gun rights. The requests for money through the year can be ignored.

Those not belonging to the NRA is like a hitchhiker getting a free ride while those with the car has to pay the upkeep.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #277

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Mail from people who are defending your right to keep and Bear Arms is junk? If you read and responded to this mail it would not be junk. It would be important messages between men of like mind on firearms freedom. The problem here is gun owners who will not contribute to or eternal struggle against the Left Wing.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #278

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Those not belonging to the NRA is like a hitchhiker getting a free ride while those with the car has to pay the upkeep.
How about those of us who no longer belong to the NRA but donate every time we order from Midway USA and the few other sites that have that option. I probably send more to them each year than your $25-35 dollar a year membership. Would that be okay or should I just do both to avoid being called a freeloading hitchhiker by a (insert cleaver insult here) because he shells out for the yearly membership?

Quote:
Mail from people who are defending your right to keep and Bear Arms is junk?
Yes it is. When it's the repetitive requests to sign up for one insurance policy or another 2-4 times a week or more subscription requests to magazines I don't read. Just because they help protect our rights doesn't mean everything they have to say is pertinent.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #279

Liked 2482 Times on 1420 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
I love them. Had it not been for the NRA, those here would not have owned the guns they do. Some complain about the money issues but it takes money to lobby and go to court to help keep our gun rights. The requests for money through the year can be ignored.

Except it's 25 hitchhikers to a car...

Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #280

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

It seems to be a sign of the times. So many benefit from organizations but refuse to join and support them. Then when the benefits are taken away by government action they are the first to cry, "Why didn't someone do something?"

The NRA is my way doing something NOW before it is too late.