Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what to do with my American flag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Don't know about ya'll but being unemployed and broke I plan on getting my major arms to fight with from Blue Hats that either drop them when folks start shooting at them or that don't "need" them anymore.

This is the War Room!"

Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg View Post
As a Christian ,American , Texan ,law abiding citizen that feels betrayed by the'' powers that be'' ruining what was once a great country ,I have questions about whether I should take down my stars and stripes or turn it upside down? My flag pole has the American flag and the Texas flag displayed ...and lit up at night . I know that this a personal decision but I don't want to offend any Veterans .....but a Nationwide boycott until this country wakes up and takes corrective actions may be what is needed to get The People thinking ...Your thoughts?
Perhaps flying it half-mast, so as to denote the passing of our constitutional rights (more and more each year).
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #23

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 36

No this is still a great nation, it may have stumbled because our leader has his head up his A$$.
But I am still proud of the flag & will still fly it high.
This is the time to let your voice be heard call your elected officials & let them know how you feel.
If you want an easy way to let you get the word out try this.
Use this Ruger link to e-mail them it will only take a minute or two.
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
You can use their message or write your own, just get the word out.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6741 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 8037

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
No this is still a great nation, it may have stumbled because our leader has his head up his A$$.
But I am still proud of the flag & will still fly it high.
This is the time to let your voice be heard call your elected officials & let them know how you feel.
If you want an easy way to let you get the word out try this.
Use this Ruger link to e-mail them it will only take a minute or two.
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
You can use their message or write your own, just get the word out.
Amen........

Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

It's about our what our concept of country is. If I say “we” in the context of a larger society, what do you think of? “We are going to war”. “We need to do something about the homeless problem” “We need to focus on educating our kids.” What comes to mind first? We, as in the government? That's most peoples first instinct. Push aside the concept ourselves as a group of sovereign individuals in favor of thinking of ourselves as tied to the government. We are not tied to them and we are not their servants. They are our employees.

Connecting the concept of our country in an emotional way to the government is an admission of servitude. The government is not our country. We the people are the country and to think otherwise is a disservice to anyone who ever died for it. We the people are responsible for what the government looks like because we voted. We the people are responsible for what the media portrays because we pay attention to them. We the people need to get back to what the flag actually stands for and that's taking care of ourselves. The alternative is to wallow in cynicism and let the government and media rule our lives.

There's fifty stars instead of one for a reason. We are a united group of individual states and by extension we are a united people of different ideas. A united people, taking care of each other, for our own benefit and the benefit of our neighbors. Its a grand concept that's popular for a good reason and it should be celebrated with powerful glory and bright colors.

You want to know what to do with the American flag? Get the biggest flag pole you can and block out the sun with red white and blue. Maybe someone will ask how you can do that when things are so terrible in Washington. You tell them you don't serve the government. You tell them, “The government serves me and this is my banner!”

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And if you fly it upside sown, that is a long recognized international distress signal.
There's a house in my neighborhood where the American flag is being displayed upside down on the garage door. That flag went up there right after Obama was re-elected.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #27

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I think you guys should box those flags up and send them to me. I will proudly fly those flags.

In my opinion, you guys got it. I STILL love this country. Maybe not the people who run it but I wouldn't want to live in any other country than the one I'm currently in.
Thank you winds, ok im gonna just say it so shut the hell up an listen, that flag represents this once great nation that I nearly gave my god damn life for an to hear you cry baby asses talking about never flying it again or flying it upside down, how damn dare you, either be an american or get the hell out but DO NOT RUN THIS COUNTRY OR MY FLAG DOWN. man yall got me pissed.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #28

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

The flag stands for a nation built on the backs and through the bloodshed and sweat and tears of people like me, my family, and people before me. I realize an upside down flag means "distress" but it is also disrespectful to the people who built this nation.. If you're flying an upside down flag, you're wrong, just plain wrong.

People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #29

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
The flag stands for a nation built on the backs and through the bloodshed and sweat and tears of people like me, my family, and people before me. I realize an upside down flag means "distress" but it is also disrespectful to the people who built this nation.. If you're flying an upside down flag, you're wrong, just plain wrong.
Thank you for standing up an showing OUR FLAG THE RESPECT IT DESERVES
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #30

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Fly it right people. I BLED for that flag. You don't like my stance on it? Leave. Its that simple.