Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   what to do with my American flag? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/what-do-my-american-flag-81522/)

powg 01-16-2013 06:32 PM

what to do with my American flag?

As a Christian ,American , Texan ,law abiding citizen that feels betrayed by the'' powers that be'' ruining what was once a great country ,I have questions about whether I should take down my stars and stripes or turn it upside down? My flag pole has the American flag and the Texas flag displayed ...and lit up at night . I know that this a personal decision but I don't want to offend any Veterans .....but a Nationwide boycott until this country wakes up and takes corrective actions may be what is needed to get The People thinking ...Your thoughts?

locutus 01-16-2013 06:34 PM

I am flying mine upside down.:o:o

Mosin 01-16-2013 06:36 PM

I keep my American flag folded and displayed in the shadow box on the mantle... The Gadsden flag flies in the yard.

marc29th 01-16-2013 06:36 PM

A flag is the symbol of the country not the government, respect the flag and work to change the government. Let's face it governments let people down everyday.

AndrewJ03 01-16-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powg
As a Christian ,American , Texan ,law abiding citizen that feels betrayed by the'' powers that be'' ruining what was once a great country ,I have questions about whether I should take down my stars and stripes or turn it upside down? My flag pole has the American flag and the Texas flag displayed ...and lit up at night . I know that this a personal decision but I don't want to offend any Veterans .....but a Nationwide boycott until this country wakes up and takes corrective actions may be what is needed to get The People thinking ...Your thoughts?

I'm a veteran, 3 tours in Iraq, still serving and will continue to serve till I retire...former marine recon scout, currently pursuing army special forces. I'm as patriotic as they come... I'm NOT offended!
The framers of the constitution and the men who died for it didn't give us the right to forever bear arms so we could still go hunting... It was so the citizens of this country would always have the means to protect and defend what was fought so hard for and handed down to us all.
This whole agenda is so misguided its ridiculous!

TNFrank 01-16-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1096405)
I am flying mine upside down.:o:o

I was doing that but ya' know, I got to thinking about it and when I fly my Flag it's not about the government, it's about the men and women that have given their lives in defense of Our Country so I've turned it around and it's being flown Right Side Up from here on out. I figure if it gets to the point where I have to die under that Flag it'll be just like all the other brave men and women have died under it, with it Right Side Up. JMHO, YMMV.;)

Cattledog 01-16-2013 06:59 PM

The flag is OURS and THEY are public servants.

Don't ever forget it

JTJ 01-16-2013 07:05 PM

How about a yellow flag with either Obama's face on it or a hammer & sickle??:o

Rarity 01-16-2013 07:06 PM

You shouldn't burn the American flag. You should burn those who are running this country DOWN!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 1096426)
How about a yellow flag with either Obama's face on it or a hammer & sickle??:o

Lol

orangello 01-16-2013 07:11 PM

No offense to the veterans; i appreciate their efforts, but that flag won't be flying on my porch anymore. I will probably replace it with the last flag of the Confederacy.