Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what do do you guys think of this

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default what do do you guys think of this

Earlier this week in a small town just east of me the police tried to do a check on a guy the neighbors thought may need assistance when they arrived they were shot at before they could do anything they had to go to the courts to get a warrant to enter the house and arrest the man by the time that had happened he had killed himself I this this is a load of crap what do u think

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6957 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

Why do you think this is a load of crap?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You think it's a load of crap as in it didn't happen? or because the cops had to go to court and get a warrant after they were fired upon?

Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #4

That they had to go to the courts I see this as that sooner or later if someone shots at me I will have no right to defend myself because the guy trying to kill or harm me or my family has more rights then me

Old 10-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_hurtt View Post
Earlier this week in a small town just east of me the police tried to do a check on a guy the neighbors thought may need assistance when they arrived they were shot at before they could do anything they had to go to the courts to get a warrant to enter the house and arrest the man by the time that had happened he had killed himself I this this is a load of crap what do u think
I think they didn't follow TV police drama protocol.

What happened to "shots fired" immediate egress, calling for backup and possibly a SWAT team?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Without much backstory, it sounds like the guy wanted suicide by cop. Good job on the police department. Instead of having to counsel officers who just had to shoot a guy to save their own lives, they are processing a suicide scene.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard View Post
Without much backstory, it sounds like the guy wanted suicide by cop. Good job on the police department. Instead of having to counsel officers who just had to shoot a guy to save their own lives, they are processing a suicide scene.
I agree completely. Isn't counseling required in many departments for an officer involved shooting?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Around here, Cincinnati area, its always offered, if not mandatory. In fact, a few months back a buddy was in a pursuit that ended in a fatal crash. The officer barely had time to catch up and the kid ran the car over a curb and split the car literally down the middle. The officer had mandatory couple days off and a psych eval.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #9

It's one of those things people have to deal with when they're put in that situation.
It doesn't matter how tough you are, if you go through something like that (suicide by cop, your buddy's fatal car chase, combat overseas), and it doesn't bother you at all, that's not really the kind of person I want to hang with. There's something broke in the brain housing group.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8622 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Procedures vary in different areas, and I know nothing of the whole story on this one- but an LEO that is in a "shots fired" situation does NOT need a warrant prior to taking action. Falls into the category of a felony committed in his presence.

Years back, had a drunk that punched his girlfriend in the face when I was about 15 ft away from him- and placed him under arrest on the spot. Yes, there was a warrant issued- after he got to the lockup. He complained to the judge that I did not have a warrant when I arrested him- judge explained that his case fell under the "Stupid in Public" rule.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt