Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What do the dealers do with your information?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Out of state? Out of the country? Or just to another town or county?

Actually, nothing happens. There is no requirement I know of to provide information after the purchase.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Out of state? Out of the country? Or just to another town or county?

Actually, nothing happens. There is no requirement I know of to provide information after the purchase.
Just moving to a different address within the city. Its just there was so much confusion when I provided them with my registration. I had to go through so much crap just to get a copy with my new address, and later to find out they just simply had to see it, and then stash it somewhere in the back. Its just that there are so many variables, I could have just as easily show them other papers which states my residency (not including head of household bills and such)

Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
I think California has the most strict gun laws and regulations in the nation. Cant blame them after all the shootouts and gang activity.
Sorry, but yes you can blame them. The more strict the gun laws, the more bold the criminals. Only law abiding citizens abide by the law.

Shootouts and gang activity is not exclusive to LA or California.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Once you've registered the gun, it's registered. Case closed. If you move to another state, then you may possibly have to register it there.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Once you've registered the gun, it's registered. Case closed. If you move to another state, then you may possibly have to register it there.
What states register firearms? Washington doesn't, nor Idaho, not sure about Oregon?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't know if any other states require gun registration other than California. I was just sayin'.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

25 years ago I gave each of my brothers in Iowa a .357 after the state built a med-security prison in the nearest town. One of them took it to the county sheriff to "register" it. The sheriff said "Your brother gave it to you? Take it home and shut up".