Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What courts may dig up on you

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
With all the technologies used today (wiretaps, cell phones, texting, internet tracks, police records, etc) does anyone other than me ever think about what I post being used against me if ever involved in an incident?

Absolutely. The NSA has the capability to monitor the I-Phone/Blackberry/Internet communications etc of suspected terrorists, criminals, and foreign governments and it goes without saying that it can also monitor the communications of anyfreakinbody, bad or good.

It also spends a lot of time and effort discovering all the "vulnerabilities" of various computer systems. And when it discovers a vulnerability aka a back door, it doesn't advertise that it's discovered them and certainly doesn't tell the system owner.

Everything you write or post, words and pictures, are retrievable.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Whoa, Jon. I'm just thinking about situations like the concerns for gun mods being used against you. They can be damaging to your character which can be on trial as well.

I'm just thinking about some of the taglines and rather harsh comments made by some one these forums. The comments may be made in vain but who's to say they wouldn't be brought up in the heat of a courtroom battle when someone is killed legally or not.

I'm not sure how convincing I could be by appearing on this forum to be swing an ax at every perp then convince a jury I'm really a nice guy. What are they going to see?
personal writings that have nothing to do with a crime your being tried for cannot (i hate typos) be admissable in court. this changes if your claiming insanity.

now if you came on a forum and said im going to murder x and lots of posts asking about how to do it what to use yada yada yada and those writings turn up and you actually are trying to claim self defense for shooting x.... yeah your in trouble and probably should be.

it boils down to a good defense shoot is a good shoot. if your doing something stupid and shoot someone ala zimmerman your going to trial for your life... thats how it works.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-26-2013 at 12:02 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #23

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I would never quote someone on these forums for a harsh statement but sometimes I read things like "I'd like to blow his Azz away"...or "I'd empty my clip then ask questions later". These kinds of remarks bother me. Couldn't they be used against you to show an irrational side of your character?

Maybe I just watch too much TV.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
I would never quote someone on these forums for a harsh statement but sometimes I read things like "I'd like to blow his Azz away"...or "I'd empty my clip then ask questions later". These kinds of remarks bother me. Couldn't they be used against you to show an irrational side of your character?

Maybe I just watch too much TV.
yeah you do heh

evidence has to be relevent to the case. everyone, even the pope, has at some point said " i wsh that soandso was dead..." within earshot of someone else. that sort of stuff is not evidence of anything unless its an insanity plea.

what you see on bad law and order episodes isnt how trials are done.

yeah if you post about what your going to do or use a forum to get help in the commission of a crime thats evidence. just talking about your feelings on self defense or commenting on some goblin getting shot while he was trying to rape a 2 year old isnt evidence of anything but your opinion on crime.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-26-2013 at 01:23 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20058 Times on 11409 Posts
Likes Given: 50598

i figure any dirt they may dig up to use on me in court, i'm already in hot water anyways!

People Like This 
Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
................... this changes if your claiming insanity..
Drat! [snaps fingers]

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #27

Liked 323 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 516

I have my opinions. What I state here is the same as I would state to anyone in person. If I have to defend my opinions in court, or anywhere else, so be it.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I have my opinions. What I state here is the same as I would state to anyone in person. If I have to defend my opinions in court, or anywhere else, so be it.
any dirt they dig up on me is going to make for some boring reading material!

Old 11-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6100 Times on 3346 Posts
Likes Given: 11721

I don't foresee a judge issuing a search warrant for your computer in a self defense case.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I don't foresee a judge issuing a search warrant for your computer in a self defense case.
i agree. a murder case, quite possible it could or would happen.