what are the chances - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

what are the chances

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Sig,
While I do admire your spunk, this one is in the hands of Congress. The laws already exist (and has for decades) so there is nothing that the Obama administration can do and even if they could, they wouldn't. This is a very different animal than the AWB. I honestly can't think of any way to approach this under the current administration and Congressional makeup. If there were, I do believe the NRA would be bringing it up.

On another note, the White House petition has just under half the number of signatures needed to pass over the threshold set by the White House. We need to build some more support there. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-reinstate-federal-assault-weapons-ban-1994/sC09SX1l

The Signon petition is sitting at 158 signatures. http://signon.org/sign/do-not-renew-the-assault

I am afraid that our efforts have been completely eclipsed there by the opposition. http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons
Ahh man i feel like someine just stoke my bike.....thought i was onto something

Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Ahh man i feel like someine just stoke my bike.....thought i was onto something
Don't mean to burst your bubble, and don't lose the enthusiasm.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #23

Quote:

Don't mean to burst your bubble, and don't lose the enthusiasm.
Naw man i understand, i respect your advice. I tried hard to put that other petition thru. I dont get why people wont voice there opinion. I dont feel im fighting a losing battle 12,000 plus people did.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #24

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Naw man i understand, i respect your advice. I tried hard to put that other petition thru. I dont get why people wont voice there opinion. I dont feel im fighting a losing battle 12,000 plus people did.
pick your battles-------- slowly

Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire

pick your battles-------- slowly
True! .

Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

We are at a point where we must fight the battles that we need to win, there are some battles that should be fought, but it is best to wait until we have the right opponents or we will be doing ourselves more harm than good. The open carry battle in California is a perfect example of that. They fought the battle with the wrong tactics and ended up getting a blanket ban of all open carry as a result. Good job a$$holes.

Lets not fight this on our passion alone, we will only succeed on the merits of our argument, and logic. Passion will help, but we must not come off as a bunch of unreasonable fanatics. Best let the opposition come off that way, and they are doing a great job of it so far.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #27

Quote:
We are at a point where we must fight the battles that we need to win, there are some battles that should be fought, but it is best to wait until we have the right opponents or we will be doing ourselves more harm than good. The open carry battle in California is a perfect example of that. They fought the battle with the wrong tactics and ended up getting a blanket ban of all open carry as a result. Good job a$$holes.

Lets not fight this on our passion alone, we will only succeed on the merits of our argument, and logic. Passion will help, but we must not come off as a bunch of unreasonable fanatics. Best let the opposition come off that way, and they are doing a great job of it so far.
Your completely right, this whole time ive been thinking this isnt right instead if when to attack