Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what are the chances

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire

What have they done ???
Nothing yet, they have talked about awb, and stricter laws

Old 12-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #12

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Nothing yet, they have talked about awb, and stricter laws
So, they talked about it. What did they say ?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #13

Quote:

And what are you doing to help us all.
Rid unnecessary restrictions, rid the taxes on these restrictions that make no sense

Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #14

This helps us all in that if we wanted a multi select tool we wouldnt have to pay $15000 or if we wanted a sbr we wouldnt have to pay a $200 tax and ask leos if we can own it. Who are they to judge what is alright to own and whats alright to tax to the point of not being able to own....does it make sense to you?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Rid unnecessary restrictions, rid the taxes on these restrictions that make no sense
This $200 tax stamp has been in place for a long time for $200. If you bring a lot of attention to it they might make it go up to $500. Why would you want to do that ?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #16

Quote:
This helps us all in that if we wanted a multi select tool we wouldnt have to pay $15000 or if we wanted a sbr we wouldnt have to pay a $200 tax and ask leos if we can own it. Who are they to judge what is alright to own and whats alright to tax to the point of not being able to own....does it make sense to you?
I think you are complaining more about your own income then laws and taxes that haven't changed for a long time. I don't think the $200 tax stamp for a suppressor has ever changed, I might be wrong.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #17

Quote:

I think you are complaining more about your own income then laws and taxes that haven't changed for a long time. I don't think the $200 tax stamp for a suppressor has ever changed, I might be wrong.
I could afford the supressor but why do you have to pay for a tex stamp. Ill be honest i cant afford a 30 year old rifle for $15,000 but im doin well. I just dont think its right. Its not just about the money, those rifles are old why cant we alter the new ones. That doesnt make much sense either

Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 AM   #18

Quote:
I could afford the supressor but why do you have to pay for a tex stamp. Ill be honest i cant afford a 30 year old rifle for $15,000 but im doin well. I just dont think its right. Its not just about the money, those rifles are old why cant we alter the new ones. That doesnt make much sense either
The tax stamp hasn't changed since 1934, give me a break. And I would like an original Ford Cobra, but that is just supply and demand, just like your $15,000 rifle. Thats not the guberment.

http://www.legalsilencer.com/?page_id=10

Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #19

Quote:

The tax stamp hasn't changed since 1934, give me a break. And I would like an original Ford Cobra, but that is just supply and demand, just like your $15,000 rifle. Thats not the guberment.

http://www.legalsilencer.com/?page_id=10
If there werent restrictions you could do it yourself on a newer rifle. I don't think well find similar ground in this. Its better to agree to disagree....but if i do start a petition and it does work out, whenever your watching that you tube video on the conversion i want you to think of me.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7786 Times on 4498 Posts
Likes Given: 10036

Sig,
While I do admire your spunk, this one is in the hands of Congress. The laws already exist (and has for decades) so there is nothing that the Obama administration can do and even if they could, they wouldn't. This is a very different animal than the AWB. I honestly can't think of any way to approach this under the current administration and Congressional makeup. If there were, I do believe the NRA would be bringing it up.

On another note, the White House petition has just under half the number of signatures needed to pass over the threshold set by the White House. We need to build some more support there. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-reinstate-federal-assault-weapons-ban-1994/sC09SX1l

The Signon petition is sitting at 158 signatures. http://signon.org/sign/do-not-renew-the-assault

I am afraid that our efforts have been completely eclipsed there by the opposition. http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons

Last edited by Vikingdad; 12-07-2012 at 03:38 AM.