What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

http://Scgnews.com/bundy-ranch-what-youre-not-being-told

How can this continue?

Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #22

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Now hes a racist! Of course, any comment from a rancher about black people is racist! Anyone else hear about it? Did not sound racist to me. Sounded like he was touching on the fact that certain people are still dependent on their master, no not slave owners but big brother. Its modern day slavery vs. olden day slavery. Now watch as the media tries to demonize him...

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Last edited by beastmode986; 04-24-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #23

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I didn't see a thing wrong with what he sad. He made some good points.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't care if he is a cannibalistic, incestuous, bear-hugging, moron of the highest level; the government is in the wrong to try and bully him with federal agents and the federal "screw-you" courts. It's not the man being mistreated by the government that matters, so much as the fault of the government in mistreating the man.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 475 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Quote:
Technically yes... But when the laws your guilty of breaking did not exist back when your ancestors started the livelihood that you currently engage in, and when it becomes abundantly clear that complying means the end of your livelihood and way of life for you and your children... You FIGHT
A lot of laws did not exist 50 or 100 years ago but they do now and are obeyed by most law abiding citizens. Who decides which laws to obey should people just obey the laws they like and disobey and threaten violence if they don't like the laws. Is that not why people have the right to take their concerns to court if they think they are being treated unfairly. What's the alternative people decide what laws they will obey and what ones they won't is that not a recipe for anarchy. What would your solution be when there are these type of disputes. ? PS a British citizen not subject, just like you are an American citizen but if you want me to refer to you as an American subject that's fine.

Last edited by manta; 04-24-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
A lot of laws did not exist 50 or 100 years ago but they do now and are obeyed by most law abiding citizens. Who decides which laws to obey should people just obey the laws they like and disobey and threaten violence if they don't like the laws. Is that not why people have the right to take their concerns to court if they think they are being treated unfairly. What's the alternative people decide what laws they will obey and what ones they won't is that not a recipe for anarchy. What would your solution be when there are these type of disputes.

? PS a British citizen not subject, just like you are an American citizen but if you want me to refer to you as an American subject that's fine.
There is a concern that the man's remedy in the courts was a foregone conclusion when his appeal for remedy was made to a court that is for most intents and purposes a patsy of the federal agencies involved in the case.

You say "anarchy"; many of us say "civil disobedience". Remember, we are the offspring of those who didn't "play well with others" and weren't known for their embrace of some rules in the past. It is a tradition here to bitch & whine about that which you consider unfair, particularly as it involves the government molesting the "little man"; when the bitching & whining is done, sometimes the issue must be settled by a show of force either by the government or to redirect the government's actions/policy.

Are you saying you don't recognize the Royal Family as the legitimate monarchy of Great Britain? or what? "Citizens" have any of several forms of government; "subjects" are citizens of a monarchy, or am I misinformed?

Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
There is a concern that the man's remedy in the courts was a foregone conclusion when his appeal for remedy was made to a court that is for most intents and purposes a patsy of the federal agencies involved in the case.

You say "anarchy"; many of us say "civil disobedience". Remember, we are the offspring of those who didn't "play well with others" and weren't known for their embrace of some rules in the past. It is a tradition here to bitch & whine about that which you consider unfair, particularly as it involves the government molesting the "little man"; when the bitching & whining is done, sometimes the issue must be settled by a show of force either by the government or to redirect the government's actions/policy.
I see what you are saying it will be interesting to see how it is resolved, do you think the authorities will back down and let it go.

Quote:
Are you saying you don't recognize the Royal Family as the legitimate monarchy of Great Britain? or what? "Citizens" have any of several forms of government; "subjects" are citizens of a monarchy, or am I misinformed?
A passport sample ( NOT ME )See were it says citizen not subject.
devere_1997_passport3.jpg  

Last edited by manta; 04-24-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I see what you are saying it will be interesting to see how it is resolved, do you think the authorities will back down and let it go.

A passport sample ( NOT ME )See were it says citizen not subject.
I'm not sure; it will depend on public support of his cause and whether similar cases of "governmental bullying" are brought to light to provide a wider base of support/concern amongst the public.

I see what you are saying, but you didn't answer my question or perhaps didn't understand my contention that "citizen" and "subject" are not mutually exclusive in that a "citizen" may be a "subject" or may not be, but a "subject" is a "citizen" unless in a "territory" of a monarchy rather than an actual member state.

edit* I see the British have already hashed & re-hashed the "citizen" vs "subject" terminology & classification for their particular constitutional monarchy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_subject
Quote:
Though the term British subject now has a very restrictive statutory definition in the United Kingdom—and it would be incorrect to describe a British citizen as a British subject—the concept of a subject remains in the law, and the terms the Queen's subjects, Her Majesty's subjects, etc., remain in use in British legal discourse.[8] As of 2010, around 3,500 British Subject passports were issued each year, with the number steadily declining over time.[7]

Last edited by orangello; 04-24-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 648 Times on 383 Posts
Likes Given: 408

The only thing I have learned from this is to start loading more Ammo.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
7point62 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I see what you are saying, but you didn't answer my question or perhaps didn't understand my contention that "citizen" and "subject" are not mutually exclusive in that a "citizen" may be a "subject" or may not be, but a "subject" is a "citizen" unless in a "territory" of a monarchy rather than an actual member state.
A bit of topic buy we know who took us there. Its simple the queen has no powers its a democracy people vote for a government just like in America. You are a subject if you are ruled be a monarchy or dictatorship for example. If you live in the united kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland you are a British citizen. Some might not like that but it is what it is. PS I will be surprised if the authorities in America doint enforce the courts decision time will tell.

Last edited by manta; 04-24-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Closed Thread