What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Federal Police are Unconstitutional, that's right, no where does the constitution grant the Federal Government the power to establish police forces. FBI, DEA, BLM, DHS, all of them are ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION.

Local Police are on the other hand legitimate because all power not expressly granted to the Feds is reserved to the States and the People so while it's legal for us to establish local police it is illegal for the Federal Government to do the same.

Tack
Tack, thanks for the link to the video in your other comment.

Local police might be legal but they're not a good idea. They too are a "standing army". Especially now that they're receiving military weapons from from the feds & money from asset forfiture.

"I have always been, and always shall be against a standing army of any kind; to me it is a terrible thing, whether under that of a parliamentary, or any other designation; a standing army is still a standing army by whatever name it is called; they are a body of men distinct from the body of the people; they are governed by different laws, and blind obedience, and an entire submission to the orders of their commanding officer, is their only principle; the nations around us, sir, are already enslaved, and have been enslaved by those very means; by means of their standing armies they have every one lost their liberties; it is indeed impossible that the liberties of the people in any country can be preserved where a numerous standing army is kept up. Shall we then take our measures from the example of our neighbours? No, sir, on the contrary, from their misfortunes we ought to learn to avoid those rocks upon which they have split."

The above is from "Brutus" in his anti-federalist paper # VIII
http://www.constitution.org/afp/brutus08.htm

Restore liberty,
Darren
Come Home America
The International Libertarian

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it" — Frederic Bastiat

Old 04-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #12

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Ahh, I see. So why did we Americans let the govt. form these agencies in the first place? It seemed like there would have been even more resistance back when they were formed?

EDIT: Just read the above post.
Government is masterful at first creating fear then providing the illusion of relief through the increase of its own power.

Prohibition got us the FBI, the war on drugs got us the DEA, bootleg liquor and gun control got us the ATF...and the war on terror got us DHS.

...and the war on poverty/welfare state exploded inner city violence and gave us the para military local police forces we see today.

Generations of decent people who wanted nothing more than to earn a living and raise a Familly grew apathetic about their liberties and allowed it to happen because it was easier to trust that to challenge politicians.

We have now reached a point where "most" elected officials will not hold their peers accountable to the law and who hide behind armed "appointees" who administer corrupt policies that enrich politicians and trample individuals.

What we saw in Nevada was much bigger than cattle, turtles, or solar power... It was a recognition of corruption and armed people willing to stand against it.

Tyranny dress up to "look like" law enforcement is still tyranny... and the difference between a peace officer and a Gestapo storm trooper is defined by "his" actions... Not the badge on his chest.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 04-23-2014 at 01:55 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 629

There seems to be a lot more to this story. It seems Bundy is not the only one that has been having problems with the BLM grabbing land. In addition the GOP is warning the BLM about a new potential land grab in Texas. It looks like all of the agencies are trying to flex their muscles and are bullying people where ever they can.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 457 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Did the guy you're talking about not lose a few court cases regarding his current situation. If that's the case if he is not obeying the courts decision is that not illegal. ? I am sure someone will enlighten me.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #15

Liked 194 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 63

The authors of the video in post #5 have taken it off their site because of some wrong information. Here is the follow up video they made:

Old 04-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Here's what I take away from it: #1 don't count on the federal government for **** #2 don't count on the continued use of "public assets" (even when paying agree-upon rent) as a part of your private business plan #3 DO count on government greed to put the interests of the government above the interests of the people in many cases #4 The BLM feds can't even dig a decent grave ( I guess that should be the responsibility of the BHM (bureaucracy of hole mismanagement) instead of BLM).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #17

Liked 146 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Pic from inside the Bundy ranch:
Sorry, I know standoffs with the Feds, & our rights being whittled away are serious business, but I couldn't help wanting to lighten things up a bit.

married-children.jpg  
Old 04-24-2014, 02:48 AM   #18

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Did the guy you're talking about not lose a few court cases regarding his current situation. If that's the case if he is not obeying the courts decision is that not illegal. ? I am sure someone will enlighten me.
Technically yes... But when the laws your guilty of breaking did not exist back when your ancestors started the livelihood that you currently engage in, and when it becomes abundantly clear that complying means the end of your livelihood and way of life for you and your children... You FIGHT.

Well, at least that what we Western Americans do.

...and no, we would not expect a British Subject to grasp the concept.

Tack
Old 04-24-2014, 02:57 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
the founding fathers of this country expected us to overthrow a corrupt government. they said it was our duty and obligation to do so.

so if the courts decisions were unjust and corrupt, then there may be something to give consideration to in defying their decisions.

i am not saying the courts are automatically wrong and the rancher is right, just offering some alternative views to think over.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

This is a real estate dispute and should have been handled in the county that the land resides in. The feds took it, of course, to federal court where a federal judge on federal payroll could tell a federal agency on federal payroll to carry on with federal duty outside its jurisdiction on land that was, by law and treaty, supposed to be returned to state control before 1980...... nothing to see here. Move along.
Fox called. Said the henhouse was fine.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

orangello Likes This 
Closed Thread