Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

Imagine the Bundy Ranch Showdown With Well Regulated Militias

Lessons from the Bundy ranch: What militias really are and why we need them.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2014/04/imagine-bundy-ranch-showdown-with-well.html

Restore liberty,
Darren
Come Home America
The International Libertarian

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it" — Frederic Bastiat

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-23-2014, 03:16 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Now that the Bundys have photographed their cattle that the illegal action ran to death and or shot then tried to bury them in large pits so they would not be found! But now the pictures are being released to the public about the atrocity committed by the BLM. They should file a multi million dollar lawsuit against the Government/BLM and the individual agents personally. The way the government approached this situation was totally illegal and against the Constitution. And signs of a tyrannical government action. They are lucky the cows were the only one in the pits! And as stated the American citizens are getting tired of what is going on! And a government who is violating the law on every hand.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #3

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

So, if I read that right the cia, fbi, blm, etc are unconstitutional? He also touched on the point that police are "standing armies", would that make them unconstitutional as well or was he just warning of them? Also, why do we have them if they are unconstitutional? Shouldn't they have been prevented in the first place?
Thoughts?

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Last edited by beastmode986; 04-23-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:06 AM   #4

Liked 4545 Times on 2197 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
So, if I read that right the cia, fbi, blm, etc are unconstitutional? He also touched on the point that police are "standing armies", would that make them unconstitutional as well or was he just warning of them? Also, why do we have them if they are unconstitutional? Shouldn't they have been prevented in the first place?
Thoughts?
Federal Police are Unconstitutional, that's right, no where does the constitution grant the Federal Government the power to establish police forces. FBI, DEA, BLM, DHS, all of them are ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION.

Local Police are on the other hand legitimate because all power not expressly granted to the Feds is reserved to the States and the People so while it's legal for us to establish local police it is illegal for the Federal Government to do the same.

Tack
Old 04-23-2014, 04:25 AM   #5

Default Very Interesting Video

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84017327/
Old 04-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #6

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Tackleberry1, you make an interesting point. From the bit of reading I've done, your residual powers do belong to the States. That's the opposite of Kanada, btw.....and I think a much better idea. Anyway, you got me thinking. So how did your federal police organizations ever get started? It's hard to see how the FBI could fall under the "interstate commerce" idea, for example. How'd it ever get off the ground?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Tackleberry1, you make an interesting point. From the bit of reading I've done, your residual powers do belong to the States. That's the opposite of Kanada, btw.....and I think a much better idea. Anyway, you got me thinking. So how did your federal police organizations ever get started? It's hard to see how the FBI could fall under the "interstate commerce" idea, for example. How'd it ever get off the ground?
Fear. Simple as that.

Our government outlawed the sale and possession of alcohol giving birth to violent organized crime cartels with the power and money to buy cops, judges, and politicians.

The "federal" answer was a law enforcement agency that could track criminal gangs across state lines without worrying about Jurisdiction.

Ultimately the problem was abated with the repeal of prohibition but the FBI was here to stay, mostly because of its first director, J Edgar Hoover, who had amassed secret files on all sitting US Politicians.

This ensured his confirmation for roughly 40 years to continue leading the FBI and ensured the survival of the Agency itself.

This was the first of many illegal Federal Police forces that threaten liberty today.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #8

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Federal Police are Unconstitutional, that's right, no where does the constitution grant the Federal Government the power to establish police forces. FBI, DEA, BLM, DHS, all of them are ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION.

Local Police are on the other hand legitimate because all power not expressly granted to the Feds is reserved to the States and the People so while it's legal for us to establish local police it is illegal for the Federal Government to do the same.

Tack
Ahh, I see. So why did we Americans let the govt. form these agencies in the first place? It seemed like there would have been even more resistance back when they were formed?

EDIT: Just read the above post.
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You can't just push people around and expect them to just conply. Most will but there are a lot that wont put up with bs laws / people.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #10

Liked 348 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't know whose decision it was, but the Fed "backing down" was a smart tactical and political move. I thought sure we'd see another Waco/Ruby Ridge situation, and I imagine there were people in DC calling for just that. Politically, I wonder if this would've been the outcome after the mid-term elections. One thing's sure, as Harry Reid said, "This isn't over."
Closed Thread