what can i expect? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > what can i expect?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #21
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2905 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
As I do not know the Fl laws, is this a legal place to have your firearm in your vehicle?
"Holstered" is the key word. But if you figure the steps:
Step 1: unbuckle the seat belt.
step 2: reach behind seat and get the holstered gun
step 3: unholster gun.

Even if seat belt was unbuckled, there were still 2 steps. In other words, the firearm was not readily accessible to the anyone.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #22

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason32 View Post
I gotta buy another Beretta 92 to fill that void. when I look at the empty box it just tears me to pieces.
You have the box? Is the original owners manual in the box? How about the original reciept? That would have the Serial # on it!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #23

Given that a motor vehicle stop was conducted which led to the discovery of the firearm, there WILL BE A RECORD somewhere. The days of stopping cars without calling in the stop in some manner are over. If the officer called it in via radio, there would most likely be a radio log of incident to include a plate number and location. If it was recorded with an MDT (mobile data terminal, fancy term for "computer in the car") there will also be a record.

Now that you've essentially accused a cop of stealing from you, and a firearm at that, you almost have the responsibility of reporting the incident and getting to the bottom of the initial problem. You may take the hit on the false report and your wife for the firearm violation (if it was a violation, I am not familiar with Florida law, just a worst case scenario), but a cop STEALING from citizens on traffic stops is damn serious. My opinion of course.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 07-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #24

Can you say DASH CAM!!??? There IS a record of this incident somewhere; I would not let this go away.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #25

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

i'm thinking ''blue light bandit''...maybe?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #26

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

#1, why do you think she would have been arrested?

#2, what dept was he with

#3, she should be able to ID him.

This story doesnt add up.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #27

Wouldn't be the first time a wife has lied to a husband.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #28

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
Or how many a wife who don't like guns tossed in the drink and said a cop took it.
That's a very good observation! hmmmmm

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
Or how many a wife who don't like guns tossed in the drink and said a cop took it.
This was actually my first thought, I even asked her exactly that. Of course she said no and her story is way to detailed. I laughed when I read your comment though. Actually my wife loves guns, she was behind me 100% recently when I told her I wanted an AR15 and I got it. She still wants me to take pics of her with it.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
#1, why do you think she would have been arrested?

#2, what dept was he with

#3, she should be able to ID him.

This story doesnt add up.
Everyone is so observant and all, so I'll lay it out there.
#1 the wife just got put on probation recently for a disorderley conduct charge on St Patrick's day.
#2 She is 20 yrs old. under 21 no hand guns in florida.
#3 she is pissed it was there and feels like if I push the issue she goes to jail. There is no reasoning with her on this either.
Like I said before it is my fault for leaving it in the car, I am soley responsible for that weapon. I knew she could take off in the car whenever.
#4 I am not 100% certain it was Vero Beach who took it, thats what she said. I only called them and Ft Pierce. The only other one is Indian River Sherriff's office. I just felt deep down in this situation leaving it alone was the best thing to do.
Bottom line I told most of the story to lay out the scenario. The main reason I did is because I thought my right to buy more guns would be stripped away over this ordeal. So I signed up here to get some opinions. If I did push the issue, maybe myself AND the officer would get in trouble, and my wife.
One last thought I had recently: If this cop can turn his head to his duties (He should have arrested my wife), then why couldnt he have left my gun in my car and just gone away. That comes down to just respecting a fellow man's property. You know?